mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Powerline trails in SE King County

Southeast King County appears to be home of a lot of large high voltage power lines. You can't do much with the land below them - no houses, no trees. They'd make great places for singletrack.

How many of these are we allowed to ride on? By allowed, I mean either explicity allowed and implicity (i.e., nobody has gotten in trouble). They're tempting to try.

Any efforts to acquire access rights under these power lines for the public? It'd make sense to me.

mtbr member
    I've always wanted to attempt a Tapeworm-Tiger ride via the powerlines. There are a lot of roads and trails along big sections of it, but there are also plenty of areas that look tough to cross. You also have to get across the Cedar river and there is no nearby bridge.

Years ago we use to dirtbike under the powerlines from Black Diamond to the middle of nowhere, adn there was road/trail that went on forever.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

swanny
    May 2012
    The powerlines behind Black Diamond/Maple Vally area were awesome to ride dirt bikes and quads in. Wish it was still accessible. There was/is a track up at the very top of the hill and some cool spots along the Green River