mtbr member

Perfect Tokul West Route

Did this in 2.5 hours. Trails are pure super-tack right now. Saw one other rider mid day on a sunny Saturday.

1. Up Full Bench
    2. Down Poopy D
    3. Down Beaver Pond
    4. Up Pink Ribbon Road to Road T
    5. Up New trail to Bypass (trailhead right at the T)
    6. Up Bypass
    7. Road Traverse
    8. Up Upper Outback
    9. Down Bon Bon
    10. Down Bon Bon Ext
    11. Down Steakhouse
    12. Up Outhouse
    13. Down Outback/Ext
    14. Down Middle
    15. Down Bobsled to SVT

This basically hits everything going the most fun direction while limiting road miles except on top. Next time I would probably climb Bypass and descend the new trail.

Heavy logging on the road to Full Bench BTW.

Bobsled was a great ending. That trail is underrated for technical riding especially at high speed.

Clear-cut Beaver Pond is my new favorite trail.

Now that there's been a clear cut on top, I humbly request from the gnomes that a trail magically appear between Bypass and Bon Bon...or at least part of the way. It's only a couple miles. Machine built???

That and a connection between the bottom of Beaver Pond and the New Trail...although I think that might be in the works. Thanks Builders!!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    You're more than welcome to come on out...

Newish (a year old or more btw now?) connector off Bypass is a combination of Pink Ribbon and Beaver Pond as it will eventually connect the two. Think of the "best" combination for the name... The connector from Steakhouse to Bon Bon goes to McCracken for "Bon House" in staying with the theme. New signage will be getting out there soon. You may also notice something more "East inspired" the next time out there below that PR climbing road.

McCaw property (Monster, Bra, lower FB) etc is indeed getting logged pretty heavily now.

Bobsled is coming into it's own 7 years after it's inception as a climbing trail for the last MS Ride out there in 2005. Super fun rip down and very climbable going up. Love to see the skid marks off the trail at the one curve near the edge up top.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Perfect Tokul West Route

Glad you like the tWest trails. Borneo and I had fun adding a couple of those finishing touches to Beaver Pond this last spring.
    You missed one other XC DH trail...probably one of the oldest up there. Pink Ribbon and its in really good shape too...If you're feeling daring look to the right of Pink Ribbon. ;-)

For what's worth, the DirtCorp posse is riding the heck out of Tokul West too. :-)

Cheers
    Mike

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Perfect Tokul West Route

Anybody ride tokul west during the week? I just got to know tokul east fairly well through trial and error (lower gun range got us kind of lost). I'd love to get a tour from someone who knows a good loop like this. I'm a student/ part time employee/ self employed painter so I work a lot of weekends but have a pretty open schedule through the week.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yeah, there's a few of them out there and they know who they are. Sending pictures and trip reports out while the rest of us cube jockeys are workin'.... West is bigger acreage wise and there is probably more miles of trail so, slightly easier to get lost over there. Hear GS is drying out nicely too.

EMBA Member
    Is Full Bench all Hancock property? Any idea where it transitions to McCaw property? I haven't been down that way lately, but I always liked that trail.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    At the logging end.... No plans to do a bunch of work on it or reroute in the clear cut portion at this point.... I assume the locals that come in from that side will keep it open though. I like it too! Hancock has approved re-opening the old upper section and running it over to the road crossing at Poopy D though so as soon as the new trail deal gets sorted out, that may be a reality.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    FYI, in the map here, the portion of Full Bench, at the north end of the map, that is in Section 2 is on Hancock property. The sections to the north, northwest, and west (35, 34, and 3, respectively) are Tokul Timber LLC (McCaw) properties and are both being logged now and actively hostile to visitors.
    Perfect Tokul West Route-full-bench.jpg
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Hancock has approved re-opening the old upper section and running it over to the road crossing at Poopy D though so as soon as the new trail deal gets sorted out, that may be a reality.
    Ahhh, connectivity. That's great news! You guys are inspiring me to pick up a shovel again. Have to put down the golf clubs first though. Slamming a drive off that ridge though could be cool...probably go a half mile.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Perfect Tokul West Route

We usually ride Tue/Thr around 10'ish from Fall City. Not sure that works with your schedule. PM me your email addy and I'll throw you on the loop.
    Today we did some of East then Golden Spike and some west. Trails in great shape...still spots of large mudpits on GS and some of the trails need to be weed whacked. I'll probably do those later next week.

Cheers,
    Mike

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Perfect Tokul West Route

Hey Mike maybe ill try to ride with you guys on a tuesday or Thursday in a couple weeks. I've got a big test next weekend so I'm on study schedule for now.

EMBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    New signage will be getting out there soon.
    Examples of the new signage.

Perfect Tokul West Route-moonraker.jpg

Perfect Tokul West Route-outback-ext.jpg

Perfect Tokul West Route-mousetrap.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Perfect Tokul West Route

Cool. Any plans for East signage?

mtbr member
    Flowtron is the only trail on the east side I heard.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.