mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Park Pointe -- Issaquah

Does anyone know if there are trails open to bikes in the developing Park Pointe area in Issaquah? I can't find anything official from the City of Issaquah that particularly indicates one way or the other.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Half the new stuff is open to bikes, Half is not. It's only worth checking out if your heading back from Grand Ridge on the High School Trail, or live in Issaquah and want to do a quick climb. Other then that it's a 1.5 min ride on old service roads that they went right down the middle of for 90% of it.
    Epic trails get built in the Northwest by epic people!

Sustainable quality trails please.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks mtbty. There is a loop in there that is accessible from the Rainier Trail and also from the HS trail. Is part or all of that loop open to bikes? Is there a map that shows what is open to bikes?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    The trail that starts at the High School Trail is not on a service road. There are two climbs that do appear to follow old service roads.
    TOM
    USA Cycling Certified Coach

www.tomsbicycleblog.blogspot.com

2014 SW Epic WC
    2012 SW Epic
    2014 SW Tarmac SL4

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I've been using it to make the route from downtown Issaquah to GR a little more interesting since it cuts the High School trail in half.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Do you have a GPS track of this route you could share?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Is it pretty easy to find the trail off the power lines once you get close to the high school? I typically just take the road to the high school once I get down off the service road at the bottom of GR, but this seems like a great way to extend the ride and stay on the trail all the way to the school.

Thanks for the mapping.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I get into it by going to the back of the parking lot at the gun range.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I am looking from the other direction going east to west. I am following the route from the Tiger Mtn. parking lot, going through the lot, and following the power line trails. You take a sharp right onto a trail as you are heading south, due east of the high school. Is that turn easy to spot?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    going down the hill toward the high school the new trail is marked and obvious, pretty short, but still a fun change.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I go down to the high school a lot for my kids sports from the top of GR. That route seems a lot more fun than just ending up on the service road and riding down the road to the school. Thanks for the detailed info. Should spice things up a bit and make for a longer ride.