mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Parasite, Silkworm, Tapeworm

Riding was good out there yesterday, I cleared a few skinnies that I hadn't been able to do before. But, I caught a blackberry bramble to the face and drew blood, and my buddy did the same to his arm. I may try to ride out there later this week with some clippers!

EMBA Member
    Yeah that place gets overgrown quickly. Haven't been out there for a couple of months but it is one of my favorite rides. If you are a member of Evergreen you might get in touch with them and see about leading a work party out there. I am a South Ender, and if you do it on a Sunday I could probably be persuaded to show up. I talked to one of the guys doing the trail rework on Silkworm and he said we had permission from the land owner to maintenance. Maybe South SeaTac (Des Moines Creek Park) too. Slim

mtbr member
    We had a work party a few weeks ago and trimmed the Silkworm and Tapeworm, but the blackberries do grow back fast. I pretty much expect a little blood every ride on most the trails around here this time of the year.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

EMBA Member
    I didn't see anything on the Evergreen calender Mr Lynch. I work swing so it is impossible to get out during the week but on the weekends, specially Sunday, I would like to help. These south Seattle trails are my home trails so keep us posted if you want to have some help. Slim

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I'm committed to a ride Sat, but could maybe do something Sunday. Of course, I won't know until Saturday night, so that makes planning a bit harder... No harm in me bringing some clippers down there if I do ride, right?

In any case, its nice to have some trails that are so close to home!

EMBA Member
    I can't make it this Sunday anyways so no big deal. I always carry clippers with me when ever I ride. A little trimming, here and there, is always a good thing. Specially with those Blackberries. Slim