mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Olympic Adventure Trail RR

Not many ride reports during winter months, so thought I would throw one out. No Nancies and I rode he Olympic Adventure Trail over the weekend. We started at the Elwha River Trailhead, and did a 14 mile out and back, 28 total in about 4 hours. I would not usually consider this trail in winter months, but a friend of mine rode it a couple of weeks ago and said conditions were great. For me, this is a two hour drive from garage to trailhead, so that can be a decision factor. We also found excellent conditions, not much standing water or mud, and great track from start to end. Found just a touch of snow at about 1100 feet. It got pretty cool at that elevation with exposure to the north from the Straits. From the Elwha to the Joyce Piedmont Rd. is 20 miles, and in warmer temps, a 40 mile out/back here is usually the goal. This trail, with no more than a 6% grade anywhere, in my opinion, is a top three ride anywhere in WA.
    Last edited by K.C.; 02-25-2013 at 01:39 PM.

I got the velcros
    Sep 2010
    I've been meaning to do this one for a while, thanks for some extra motivation next time I'm in Sequim.