mtbr member
    Apr 2007

North Bend: Is there a way off the Iron Horse near Twin Falls Natural area?

Does anyone know if there is a way off the Iron Horse trail near the Twin Falls Natural Area?

After heading East on the Iron Horse, I want to be able to drop off the Iron Horse down onto 174th, 464th, or SE Edgewick and use 468th to cross the 90 and connect/get over to the Middle Fork area and the CCC trail with the Snoqualmie Valley trail.

Anybody know grey area trails that will get me from the Iron Horse to:
    174th
    464th
    SE Edgewick

From there I could cross the 90 with 468th.

I want to respect private property, but I'm thinking there could be some county or state land in there that could have a trail on it.

Feel free to PM me.

North Bend: Is there a way off the Iron Horse near Twin Falls Natural area?-iron-horse-twin-falls.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Twin Falls trail intersects the Iron Horse, it is on that map you show...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for the reply. Twin Falls trail would be perfect but the signs from Iron Horse say no bikes. If I could use Twin Falls trail to get down to the 90 problem solved.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Ah... I sometimes go on McClellan Butte trail, which says no bikes, so I just shoulder it and carry for that mile or so. But, if I'm on Iron Horse, I'm usually on a Cyclocross bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Riding the CX on Iron Horse too. Just trying to get more out of those Iron Horse rides than an out and back. Really want to find a way to ride up the Iron Horse, drop down and cross the 90, ride up Middle Fork road to CCC and bring CCC back to Sno. Valley trail to my house in Wilderness Rim.

Might just roll the Twin Falls Trail and shoulder the bike if I encounter hikers which will be unlikely at 6am during the week.

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    I doubt you'd find too many out there at that hour. Trail should be ok down to the bridges, and then there'll be some pushing between there and the parking lot. The falls are worth seeing at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyc View Post
    Riding the CX on Iron Horse too. Just trying to get more out of those Iron Horse rides than an out and back. Really want to find a way to ride up the Iron Horse, drop down and cross the 90, ride up Middle Fork road to CCC and bring CCC back to Sno. Valley trail to my house in Wilderness Rim.

Might just roll the Twin Falls Trail and shoulder the bike if I encounter hikers which will be unlikely at 6am during the week.

Rock Gnome
    Dec 2012
    Twin falls trail is currently closed near the trailhead according to WTA site and family that went that way two weeks ago. Sounds like a mudslide and other issues.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    How about riding in the other direction to Rattlesnake Lake and take the SVT from there?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    How about riding in the other direction to Rattlesnake Lake and take the SVT from there?
    I live right by Rattlesnake Lake. I want to be able to use the Iron Horse to get easy climbing but then drop off of it and cross the 90 and ride up the Middle Fork Road and double back on the CCC and use the SVT to get back to Rattlesnake Lake.

My challenge is there's no way to get from the Iron Horse cross the 90 and get to the Middle Fork area.

I thought I had the perfect solution with Grouse Ridge road which is on the North Side of the 90. I could get to it from when the Iron Horse goes by Olallie State Park. It goes along the north side of the 90 and connects perfectly to 468th.

However, I went to scout it the other day and there's a fire training academy that splits the road into two sections and people aren't allowed to pass through.

Which reminds me, if anyone knows a grey trail or a fire road that you can use from Grouse Ridge Road in order to slip by the fire academy, I'd really appreciate it.