mtbr member
    Oct 2009

No more bike shops on South Hill, or Puyallup

Did anybody notice that the last remaining bike shop on South Hill closed? No bike shops in Puyallup either. That is quite a come down since the boom years. We had 5 bike shops in this part of the South Sound, Victor Falls to ride and Single Track Mind Bike club, a few years back. Now.....crickets. A bit sad.

Biking Like Crazy!
    Bike Tech not out there on 126th and Meridan?
    Their web site still lists a Puyallup store.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Nope, there is a hand painted sign on the window saying they moved to Tacoma. They do have a huge new store near the mall now. However, the Puyallup store really did not move there. They closed the South Hill store. I guess the nearest bike shop is Bonney Lake Cycle in Sumner

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    This is a reflection of available trails in the local area. Bike shops used to have a hard time stocking bikes in the 80's/90's, now they can't move enough inventory to survive.. Sad...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I agree. Eastern Pierce County had so much going at one time. We had Victor Falls, rides out and around Hearts Lake, Elbe Hills , Evans Creek, and more. We had a bike club doing trail work, organizing local rides, there was a general buzz out here. Now nothing. I have been riding since the early 80s and it is truly a ghost town here in terms of mountain biking opportunities. Yes it is so sad

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Sven Trials View Post
    This is a reflection of available trails in the local area. Bike shops used to have a hard time stocking bikes in the 80's/90's, now they can't move enough inventory to survive.. Sad...
    Perhaps this could be a lesson to local city councils that wish to encourage business. To support a bike shop you must also support local trails...

mtbr member
    Local business/City Council was more excited about putting in a 8 gazillion home development than maintaining Victor falls. Kinda has a S. Seatac look to it now.
    Seek: Koski Trailmaster. Breezer Series 2, or 3. Fillet brazed Ibis Custom. Cunningham Racer. Otis Guy (but not that softride model). That's all I need I don't need anything else... except... except for an old Mountain Goat bar stem combo. And that's all I need. I don't need anything else. Except.....

Man of Faith
    Oct 2011
    potterymouth--I feel your pain. I learned to MTB at Victor in the early 80's. SO many good times out there. I still live on the S. Hill and do my biz with the Old Town--Tac. gang usually. The S. Hill Bike Tech was a series of disapointments over the years, but they did seem to improve there toward the end. Then....gone. Maybe we should start up a new shop! BTW, don't forget about the little LBS down off the Orting trail in DT Orting. Friendly, helpful fella down there with some good stuff/willing to order anything. Mostly, we been drivin for our ridin lately.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Inspired Ride: New Bike Shop on South Hill Puyallup

Did you notice that there is now a bike shop on South Hill Puyallup? I mean brand new! Inspired Ride opened on Friday, April 6th, 2012. Located just above 144th on the west side of the street: The owner, Nyer Brittain, grew up in the industry in his Dad's shop in Spokane Washington. It's a family business start-up, so let's drop in and wish them well. South Hill needs a good bike shop. Nyer is starting small, but plans to grow to become a major player in the area. He does have the history and expertise to do it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hey, good to hear that a new shop is on SouthHill. Look forward to spending some money closer to home. I have bought a few things at the shop in Orting from time to time. I bought my spouse a bike there last year.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Spread the Word

Thanks. Drop in sometime just for fun. It has a really nice family feel. Just a small startup so we all get to be part of the adventure with the family. Spread the word around.

Man of Faith
    Oct 2011
    Awesome! Thx for the tip! I'll check it out soon. Always wanted a solid shop up here on the Hill. BKOB