mtbr member

Newer Japanese Gulch map?

Anyone have a map of the Gulch trails? The only one I could really find online were these:

Mountain Biking in Japanese Gultch in Mukilteo, WA

I've only been out there a couple times (and not for a few years), but I always felt like I was missing the good stuff out there that I keep hearing about. I know there's a new flowy trail by the baseball fields, anything else recommended out there?
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Post 7 of this link has most everything on it...

Gulch Map post #7

Once you hit the flow trail (Orion) you can cross the tracks, cross the creek, and take a left (head south) at the rope swing. Stay right from there, and you'll climb up to the upper west side.
    - Be Someone

mtbr member
    Thanks! I ended up going out there today instead of tomorrow afterall, but this time I mostly stayed on the east side of the tracks where I typically have explored the west side. MUCH more stuff on the east side that's my style, though with all the wet leaves making things slick, I couldn't hit it all. Definitely some place I'll go back to though.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Does anyone else regularly ride the Gulch? What trails are you riding when you're there?

I typically head up to the top and head down the East (boeing side) trails. Totally skip FLOrion. I prefer to head farther down the hill and head left at the junction where you'd normally continue thru the muddy low spot just prior to the little hike-a-bike. This trail drops down to gain an old road bed now trail that trends back up the gulch before joining a mature trail with a few berms. It drops down and parallels real close the tracks before dumping out. Then I ride back up to the top and take the proper trail all the way back down.

Does anyone ride the west side (Mukilteo) trails? I sometimes climb up to the upper Westside trails but so far they haven't really caught my interest.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I ride there a lot being my local trail, and i have ridden both sides. i like the east side as of now but i was doing a lot of riding on the west side when i first got out there. i dont know trail names but i keep exploring and finding new ones all the time, i even found two on Sunday and i got some more exploring to do on off shoots i see on the east side. I have ridden most of the west side and found a few good spots that are kinda fast but a lot of techy riding on the west side as well as some dirt jumps that look like there well maintained. i also use the r/r tracks grade to climb back up its a good workout for a fat guy like me