Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005

New Year Resolutions or the Tokul Effect?

We had another good workparty at Paradise Valley today. One more good workparty should finish the Lloyd Trail. It's turning into a nice all-season trail. Thanks Jimba, John, Brian and Karen for coming to help.

There were an unbelievable number of Mountain Bikers out at Paradise today. More than I have seen since opening day. More than you would normally see on a nice summer day. Yes, the weather was nice today, but it's still middle of winter and many folks don't ride in the winter, no matter the weather. When working on the trails on other nice days this winter we would typically see a third of the number of riders we saw today. So I could not help but wonder if this was a by-product of the new fee requirement at Tokul? Or maybe it's just a bunch of New Year "I am going to ride my bike more" resolutions?

Either way, it was good to see folks out enjoying the trails.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It was definitely a weather thing- what a freakin nice day! Did you guys get a chance to ride?

mtbr member
    The only thing I rode was a wheelbarrow full of gravel.

Ya, have not seen that many in one day out at PV in a long time. one group had about 10 to 15 riders, lots of other 2 to 4 rider groups. Bunch of walkers to.

Moist and Delicious
    Yeah, PV is a long ways away from Tokul, at least to me, in terms of offering very little of the same type of topography. I'd lean towards the weather. Wish I had been out. Must have been awesome.
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Last word is all yours...
    Duthie was that way too (as observed while driving by it), and 99% of the people who ride there have never heard of Tokul.
    --
    -bp

mtbr member
    Weather, the Burke Gilman trail was packed like it we the first day of spring too.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.