mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Need some flow...trail recommendations?

My stomping ground seems to be Soaring Eagle near Issaquah since it's close to where I live. I rediscovered the area (and new park, facilities) about a year ago. Whichever groups are keeping that place up are doing a fantastic job, at least in my limited experience.

I love it. Issue is, it mostly seems technical (highly)? --the roots, divots, washes, getting hub-deep in the swampy parts... It's beating the holy bejeesus out of my bike...and while I've still got a stupid grin on my face...I'm curious...

...is there somewhere on the Eastside that's got a bit more flow to it? More of a singletrack heaven and true cross-country feel to it where I can get some speed up without killing myself?

Last word is all yours...
    Hey Garrett,

Spend some time looking over this: Evergreen Trail Guide

Presumably you've already hit Duthie Hill, which is about a mile south of Soaring Eagle (combine the two by exiting the south entrance of Soaring Eagle onto Trossachs Boulevard, then right onto Duthie Hill Road, left into Duthie Hill); and Grand Ridge, which is another mile south from there (combine the three by exiting the south entrance of Duthie Hill via the maintenance road, turn left onto Issaquah Fall City Road, immediately right onto the north end of Grand Ridge).

Another option is Tokul West - go with a map or a local (don't forget your 75 Tokulbuks). Two more options to the north are St. Ed's and Paradise Valley. Another option a little further out is Tiger. I'm step out of the way for Borneo to advise you on Cherry Hill and Moss Lake. You can also try Tolt - if you're an accomplished XC rider (or want to be one), you can ride that fast - and it tends to be better than Soaring Eagle as far as the wet goes. There are differences of opinion on whether or not it has, uh, the F-word. Check out the wiki, there are some other options, too.

Good luck!
    --
    -bp

mtbr member
    state patrol at tri-cities...has a nothing technical..just bermy swoopy single track. and lots of jump/drops free ride stuff as well.

btw techy is single track heaven.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Wow...thanks r1de...I guess it's been a while since I looked into this stuff. Evergreen has gotten HUGE....what a great resource. Looking around, I thought I would have already bumped into this, but sometimes the best things are right beneath us!

I have not yet been to Duthie...I've been by it a couple of times, but it usually appears to be buzzing with people. I think at one point I was told it was mostly a downhill/stunt park, and I'm more of a ground-dweller. But a visit is in order, nonetheless...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    That's easy. Anything I've built.....

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Might enjoy Tokul West as well...

Cheers,
    Mike

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    Did you recently learn how to incorporate berms into every turn?

Tokul W after some dry weather, and after bikes pack down the horse damage is what I'd suggest the OP try. The Victoria tract of pilchuck would also be good, but same thing about mud and horses.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Floneo???

Slothful dirt hippie
    ... which is why I've been known to wail "WHEREZ MAH FLOE?!? WHEREZ MAH FLOE, BOB?!? WHEREZ TEH BERMS?!?" as I'm munching behind him through a stick-strewn meadow on the faintest possible/disappearing game track...
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Borneo...I take it you are a legend around these parts?

Dream Design Dig Repeat
    All my attempts at humor just come across dickish, so I shall say nothing... except Dead Hooker.
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Quote Originally Posted by garrett_xc View Post
    Borneo...I take it you are a legend around these parts?
    You could say that. But don't say it too loud.

Fat-tired Roadie
    St. Ed's is relatively close to Soaring Eagle too. It's the closest access from North Seattle, but it would really be more of a variety option - I don't think it's as much fun as Duthie, Tolt or Tiger, or as much of a workout as Grand Ridge or Tiger. (Or Duthie or Tolt, depending on how I'm feeling.)
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Black Diamond. East side of the highway. Enjoy.