Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I5Troll

Mt bikers apparently satisfied with trail access in WA ??!!

Is that it? Dozens of comments from the moto and equestrian communities. Many comments from the hiking community and from the "keep everyone out except hikers" crowd. And only a few comments from Mt Bikers????

The RCO is major source of funding for new trails and trail maintenance projects and is going to use this data. It's time to take a couple minutes and comment here:

WA SCORP Town Hall

Then email the link to all of your friends and ask them to do the same.

Some background in case this is the first time you've heard of these townhall surveys...

The state's outdoor recreation strategic plan, called the State Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (SCORP), needs to be updated every 5 years to maintain our ability to receive federal funding from the Land and Water Conservation Fund. RCO uses these federal dollars for grants to local communities to build parks and trails, and conserve wildlife habitat. The SCORP addresses the future recreation needs of our residents and helps guide decisions about what projects to fund. Your input is crucial to understanding what's important to include in the plan.

Dave, EBextreme, Juice and I have requested your participation on MTBR. Evergreen and I have blasted it on FB. EB and I posted on the BBTC Yahoo thingy. And still only a couple comments!!!!??? Thousands of acres and thousands of feet of vert are open for new trail planning in just the Raging River alone. Then there is the rest of the DNR's Snoqualmie Corridor (Mitchell Hill, Echo Glenn, Middle Fork), Ollalie State Park, South Fork Snoq expansion, Reiter, more trails on Tiger. That's a real opportunity and it's just a small part of the state. But nothing will happen unless the RCO hears from us.

Take 2 minutes and comment here:

WA SCORP Town Hall

Then tell all of your friends!!

Biking Like Crazy!

Satisfied..never!

Thanks for posting here Mike, as I don't do Facebook.

Comment left!
    Last edited by blcman; 11-27-2012 at 10:56 AM.
    Niner Rip9 RDO
    Niner RIP9
    Niner WFO 650B
    Knolly Chilcotin
    Knolly Podium

Just roll it......
    Furthermore, opportunities in Whatcom and Skagit County include:

Lake Whatcom Reconveyance (if this passes), Chuckanut, Blanchard, North Fork and maybe even dough for Galby.

Seriously, people.....dozens of comments by equestrians, hikers and ORV/Moto groups and only a few by mt. bikers. Are we really that small of a user group????

Take 5 minutes.
    EB

Just roll it......
    Thanks to those who've chimed in....even if they're old-school, curmudgeons! Keep 'em coming folks.

BTW, I tried to add a reply to the comment by a certain, well-known mt. bike hater and the moderator told me my (very civil) comment wasn't appropriate because it was going after a person, not the issue at hand. Aaaanyway.....

I didn't do it
    Thanks for posting this. Constructive comments given!! There's never enough trails, daggumit.

Moist and Delicious
    Done.
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so."

mtbr member
    EB, we aren't that small....I just doubt w/o guys like mike, we would have known. thanks, mike!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Done. Thanks for the heads up.

I5Troll
    Big boost of MTB comments yesterday. Thanks all! And thanks to Dave and Eric for first bringing the SCORP survey to light.

NW MTBER

did it

Done!
    Ibis Mojo HDR 650b
    Ibis Mojo SL
    Maverick Durance

mtbr member
    Done

mtbr member
    Done and I think mnt bikers are the majority on replies now.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Keep an eye on the WTA site for stuff like this, they're really on top of it.
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Yeah, I learned a lot by reading that 1994 dissertation on the evils of mountain biking posted by that mike v guy. It's pretty cool to get to read comments from a wide range of people. While there seem to be very few ORV posters I really have to agree with them. It's a shame their available places to ride and amount of trails have diminished as much as they have.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Done! I spent more time than I planned composing my comment but hopefully it helps!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Done
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    for some reason I didn't see this on FB and I haven't been in this section of mtbr in a few days.

submitted my comment.

builder
    Feb 2009
    Thanks Mike for staying on top of the issues and reminding us of our responsibility to the sport we love. Without our input we would be left with no where to ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Posted. Don't check here as often in the winter...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Posted comment. I have to say though most comments seem to be by mountain bikers not the opposite. This is good and we are not complaining! Maybe things changed over time.

I5Troll
    Huge thanks again everybody. Lots of great support and great arguments for more MTB trails now. I was getting worried there for the first week of the survey .

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by mwestra2 View Post
    Huge thanks again everybody. Lots of great support and great arguments for more MTB trails now. I was getting worried there for the first week of the survey .
    We must have been out riding our bikes or something

I didn't do it
    I noticed that the final comments for the SCORP survey just came out. It certainly looked like the mtn bikes made a good showing. I noticed that our old friend Mike Vandeman weighed in on the subject. I'm not posting his comments here because he doesn't need any more publicity but he's on page 80 of the report if you're interested. It's the same old same old.

I5Troll
    New set of questions are up. Comment Online WA SCORP Town Hall Hmmmmm...

New research shows that for adults (18 and over) in Washington, between 2006 and 2012,

Nature-based recreation activities, such as backpacking, primitive camping, showshoeing, horseback riding, and climbing generally are increasing while

Activities that depend on built facilities, such as soccer, baseball, rollerblading, football, and boat camping generally are decreasing.

What do you think the reasons are?

mtbr member
    MV has a female groupie from Marin county who also posts his message. Glad Washingtonians are more sensible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast