mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Moving to Vancouver

I will be moving to Vancouver next month. We are currently looking for a house. Any advise for easy access to MTBing? I currently live in Boise ID and have access to trails within a 15 minute drive, Is there any similar trails in Vancouver? We are willing to commute in from Camas/ Washougal area if it means being closer to trails.....

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    TarBell/Cold Creek area is only about 30min out of Camas. Mostly AM/DH trails. Falling Leaf/Lacamas park are in town. Lots of singletrack. Many other areas within 45-60min drive. Stop in and see Ed and the crew at Camas Bikes and Ski for a map.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleDeanXC View Post
    TarBell/Cold Creek area is only about 30min out of Camas. Mostly AM/DH trails. Falling Leaf/Lacamas park are in town. Lots of singletrack. Many other areas within 45-60min drive. Stop in and see Ed and the crew at Camas Bikes and Ski for a map.
    X2 on this. Tarbell is a good place for 3-4 hour rides. Lacamas Park/Lake is great for after work type stuff.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I am also moving to vancouver this summer. My question, however, is which type of bike to get. XC or AM. I know there's plenty of AM btw WA and OR, but within an hour of Vancouver, is there much? I come from XC background, but want to switch to AM. That said, With family, don't have a lot of free time to venture too far (Seattle, Whistler, Bend). Specifically, I'm looking at the sb66c vs some low-travel 29er (turner, ripley, mach 429). What say ye? Is AM bike too much bike for riding within an hour of Vancouver?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    No, not at all. I lived by 205/the mall up until last August, and I was only like 40 minutes from Cold Creek and their great trails. At any rate, if you're on the east side it never seemed like a real burden to me to cross the river to get to Sandy/Post Canyon either, but it isn't going to be like living in Boise/Bend/Bellingham/any other city whose name with a letter other than B where you can ride your DH bike out your garage and get to the trails.