mtbr member

Moving to Bellevue area

Hello,

My girlfriend and I are moving to Washington this June after we graduate college as she has a job lined up with Boeing in Bellevue. We are not quite sure where we are living yet, but from all the other threads I have read about where to live in the area I think Issaquah sounds pretty good. That may change if I get a job lined up and depending on where it is.

Since I'm from Florida I am really looking forward to checking out all the mountain biking in the North West. I'm mainly a trail rider, but I would like to learn some downhill and freeride too. I'm looking forward to riding with some of you guys once I move up to Washington.

On a side note my tires are almost worn out so I'll probably replace them before I move. I usually run around a 2.35 tire on my tracer VP. Which tires do you guys recommend for the soil there?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I've been enjoying the Hans Dempf for the last few months, in that area Duthie Hill is a great place to ride.

ride your bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 2229 View Post
    I've been enjoying the Hans Dempf for the last few months, in that area Duthie Hill is a great place to ride.
    +1. I've been on the Kenda stick-e nevegals for a few years, but just switched to the Hans Dampf. I love these tires.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    2.35 Minion 3C's are perfect for almost everything around here -- grippy in the right way, decent wear, and pretty low rolling resistance. I've had good luck running the non-tubeless version on tubeless rims with stan's as well.

And not quite as pricey as the Hans Dempfs.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Welcome and great ride guide

Welcome in advance! There are all kinds of trails to ride in WA for every taste and ability. And pretty much anywhere you live around Seattle there is riding within 30 minutes. Check out the Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance Trail Wiki for a pretty darn comprehensive guide to trails around the state go to evergreenmtb.org and click Trail Info.

Quote Originally Posted by fat_boy View Post
    Hello,

My girlfriend and I are moving to Washington this June after we graduate college as she has a job lined up with Boeing in Bellevue. We are not quite sure where we are living yet, but from all the other threads I have read about where to live in the area I think Issaquah sounds pretty good. That may change if I get a job lined up and depending on where it is.

Since I'm from Florida I am really looking forward to checking out all the mountain biking in the North West. I'm mainly a trail rider, but I would like to learn some downhill and freeride too. I'm looking forward to riding with some of you guys once I move up to Washington.

On a side note my tires are almost worn out so I'll probably replace them before I move. I usually run around a 2.35 tire on my tracer VP. Which tires do you guys recommend for the soil there?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    +1 on the Evergreen MTB alliance site, I wish I would have found it before I decided where to rent a house.
    2009 Giant XTC Team Frame w/ Stump Jumper FSR XC Comp Components
    XC Eric

mtbr member
    Great, thanks for the info everyone.