mtbr member
    May 2004

Moss Lake update 9/22

The county came in and mowed the whole loop trail with the brush hog. Bev et al have been busy clearing and brushing back the rest of the trails of summer growth. I got the whacker up Orange Arrow and out Short trails yesterday are also clear for your fall/winter/spring low season riding now. Mountains to Sound had 50 or so Microsofties out working on a new trail inside the loop coming up from the low south area up to the high east side of the lake where there will eventually be an overlook I'm told. I also have been told that WTA is scheduling a trail work party out there to work on trail drainage. And, oh yeah, it's leaf blowing season!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the update. I sent a friend there for the first time a couple of weeks ago and he mentioned it was really overgrown. Hoping to head out there this week if the weather cooperates.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    BTW, have you been down Funner at all recently? Is it totally overgrown again?
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Not lately. Been out with the broken shoulder. hoping to get out there this week. bringing some more 5 dollar Home Depot shovels out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith View Post
    BTW, have you been down Funner at all recently? Is it totally overgrown again?
    Have not been out in a few weeks but most of CV was brushed back in late August. Elevator has really came into its own. Great trail in both directions. Oh, and as Borneo said, "it's leaf blowing season."

mtbr member
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Tarekith.com

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    wrong location
    Last edited by mtnbiker4life; 11-17-2013 at 09:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Pretty mellow overall. Some wider walking trails with a few hill climbs lead back further into the area, and once there you'll find some short twisty singletrack that sort of reminds me of say Tolt. There's not a ton of elevation there, so it's a good ride when you don't have a lot of time and don't feel like putting in a ton of climbing.

Seems to be an area that drains fairly well though, so not a bad winter area to ride in if you give it a day or two after heavy rain. Doesn't seem to ever have a lot of people there, so I like it for the quiet.

Cherry Valley is not too far away as well, and that's a little more fun IMVHO. Longer forest road climbs with some short but fun singletrack descents. Really cool little waterfall out there to visit as well, though it's been getting more and more popular lately it seems like.
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Update: Got out there for a couple hours yesterday afternoon and cleared the west side of Loop Trail and Winston Hwy to the clear cut. There are two small trees down on Loop that can be hand sawed and the one larger one at the entrance to Winston. Got out just as dark overcame me and the sprinkles started. Odd to be blowing in the dark by head lamp. But, it works.

Off to the north trails next. Old, Ridge, Yellow, Missing Link, Crazy 8, etc.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    12/14 update: Actually some snow out there which surprised me. Trails are in great shape. Brushed back the south end of Missing Link and North end of Ridge and ran the leaf rake down Missing Link. Almost got it all before the dang thing broke. Leaf rakes are just too fragile for real work. Need to get back with the Stihl blower and do it right. No trees down that I saw that need sawing.