Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Moss Lake Trails RR

3K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Borneo 
#1 ·
Took advantage of the weather and rode from the house via the pipeline out there and made a loop. Trails are surprisingly in great shape with some leaves and a few puddles but otherwise stellar. The work earlier on Old Trail really paid off and it's rolling great now. Even cleaned all the switchbacks for a change. Saw no one else out there but some other tracks. So, it's getting some use which is awesome. Will be getting out there with the blower and clear some soon as well.

#5 ·
Hey Jim,
I'm waitin to hear from a few people but 11 sounds good. Weather and trails should be killer. I was thinking about heading up east to ride FT and then head over GS to west, but I could go simply west. Been sprucing up some of the T west trails the last few days. Hancock has been busy cutting on the west side. You'll see what I mean.
I'm waiting to hear from a few people? We can do a quick BBQ afterwards if people want to.

#7 ·
I was out at Moss lake on Thanksgiving morning, hoping to burn off a few calories before the feast. I think I was the first one on the trails that day but by the time I was on the return trip there were a couple other sets of tracks. Didn't see anybody though, definitely had the place to myself.

It was my first time out there and I was really amazed at how well the area drains. Everything was damp but aside from a couple mud pits there really wasn't much water on the trails at all. It was a little leafy in spots and I caught a few "hidden" roots but it was a good time for sure. It seems like some of those trails would really benefit from more tires and fewer horse hooves so a few more bikes on the trails might help.

#8 ·
Getting more reports of bikers out there. Keep it up! Still hoping to perhaps get KingCo to annex the property on the back of the current site towards Stossel Creek and the Pipeline.
Lotsof good possibilities for more trail out there.

#9 ·
Bob,
Did a night ride on Tuesday. Given the amount of rain we have had it was in great shape. Most of the standing water was on the old double track heading in to Lower Yellow from the pipeline. No Name was rolling as good as I have ever seen it. Bevs little stump creatures take on a new meaning in the dark.

Dean

#13 ·
She used to be a horse rider but I started seeing her out that way a long time ago riding her bike with the dogs. There are always more gee-jaws showing up out there and I find new ones (to me) from time to time. Some are pretty funny. Look for the "trail fairies" on one trail out there. At 74, she still puts a lot of trail users to shame with the amount of effort she puts into trail work. I hope to be like her at that age. She's also instrumental in trying to get KingCo to buy that additional land out there for recreational use.

#14 ·
That's very cool, an older person going out there and working for the trails. And it really is kinda fun to check out some of those little figures and creatures she puts in what seems to be random spots along the trail. But good for her for lobbying the county on the land issues-neat stuff.:thumbsup:

#18 ·
Bob, any idea what it might be like out there tomorrow? Not sure what the weather has been in that area lately, looking to get a medium length ride in if the rain holds off...

I assume Moss Lake drain well regardless it sounds like?

#21 ·
Unfortunately, by the time I got out there, the rain had started up pretty good again, and looked like it had been for awhile. Didn't really give the trails a chance to drain or absorb all that water, so it was a pretty wet and muddy ride this time :) Think I'll give it a day or two next time.

#26 ·
Oh yes, I have long been an Evergreen member...but, I was more in search of the oppurtunity to ride with someone who knows the area. It could just save me from a bunch of time standing at some logging road intersection while staring confusingly at a map and a GPS. :) I just moved out to the area and was hoping to get the low down from someone who really knows the place.

#27 ·
Oh, okay. Shoot me a PM and I can also put you in touch with a bunch of other riders of the valley. Not sure when I'll be out there next as it's the white "off season"...

The scary part is that we'll still be standing at a lot of intersections anyways while I tell you hours of seemingly useless drivel about the trails and why they are named what they are and why they are routed the way they are and blah, blah, blah.... :thumbsup:

Same with Cherry Valley, PV, Tolt, and the Tokuls for that matter...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.