mtbr member
    May 2004

Moss Lake Trails RR

Nice to hear the crunch of dry leaves under the tires again. Spent 2 hours plus out there this afternoon and all the trails I rode were in good shape. All need the post winter leaf raking to get the thick layer of needles and twigs off them like every place else. Old Trail has a bunch of blow down on it and isn't worth it until that gets cleared. Hancock is done with the logging out there and we only lost one small 200 yard section of Lower Yellow which is already re-flagged and some of Winston Highway. So, that's a bonus. Some muddy sections but no puddles anywhere. All in all, in great shape for late March.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Looks like Yellow, Sneaky, Ridge, Missing Link, FDR, and Crazy 8 got the leaf blower treatment and No Name, Blue Rock, Landing, and Winston got the leaf rake treatment. The WTA had a crew out on the access trail around the lake last weekend and dug some 1 shovel wide drainage ditches which have helped on the main access trail as well. Small blow downs on Orange Arrow that a hand saw can take care of but worth being aware of.

mtbr member
    I'm guessing the Tolt Pipeline Trail could be ridden from 203 all the way out there... ? I may have to check that out this weekend.
    trust the tread

'06 Cannondale Prophet 1000
    '07 Bianchi Roger

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yep. Actually it's part of the "Thrilla East" I do occasionally from the SVT in Duvall up the pipeline to Moss Lake and around past Lake Joy on Tolt Highlands Road and back down Entwistle into Carnation and then back north on the SVT. Nice dirt 24 miler.