mtbr member

Good job! More harm than good...

Found this posted on WTA site...

Japanese Gulch

"This is a great area...."

Post was removed by WTA admin. The rest of quote removed. Title of post won't make sense after editing
    Last edited by Maday; 04-10-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    - Be Someone

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Well, that sucks. The HOHAs will have a field day with that one...

mtbr member
    There's nothing worse than having your run messed up.
    trust the tread

'06 Cannondale Prophet 1000
    '07 Bianchi Roger

mtbr member
    ya aint uphillers, wahtever types, alwase sposed to yeald to downhillers, rite?
    Ride ON!
    Just an old bike geek. Lifelong Cyclist. MTBer since '86... "Life is a Circle"

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I would hope that this wasn't a legitimate trip report. Sounds to me like someone trying to cause trouble for bikers by sounding like an arrogant a**hole. While the area is a fairly popular biking area it is not dedicated to bikes, it's multi-use. As such we biking peeps need to keep in mind that there may be foot traffic just around that blind corner. Otherwise we may end up with one less place to ride...
    ---------Wolfman82---------
    "Mtnwolf82" on Youtube

That Waters Guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman82 View Post
    I would hope that this wasn't a legitimate trip report.
    The guy's posted a single trip report. I call troll, or a 12 year old. Possibly both.
    Rolland

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Galby is open to all non-motorized use but several trials are marked as "mountain biker and one-way only" trails. I think it has helped with multi-users because those not on a bike know which trails to avoid and the mountain bikers have trails where they can let loose. We don't see many horses up there but we do get a lot of hikers and trail runners.

It helps that Galby is private land, primarily known as a biking trail network and maintained 99% by mountain bikers. Doesn't leave the other user groups a lot of room to complain about exclusive-use trails. Most people I run into don't seem to have a problem with it and seem grateful to have such an awesome trail network in their backyard.

If all the different user groups could recognize the unique trail needs of one-another work together we would all end up with more trails open to us.

Just roll it......
    The fact is no one wants to run over a hiker or equestrian on their bike and an equestrian doesn't want to have their horses spooked. When you try to please everyone by making every trail multi-use, you end up pleasing no one. We're in the process of educating a couple of local land managers that having a percentage of single use trails (for any particular user group) greatly reduces issues.

Trails created with the intent of downhill direction, IMO, are good for our sport and other users because of the reduced user conflict on the other multi-use/bi-directional trails. On Galby, you can look no further than SST vs. the Ridge or Atomic Dog vs. The Three pigs. If SST and A-Dog didn't exist, you'd see a lot more people bombing down those trails.....which often serves as up-routes for a lot of hikers/bikers. It's just good trail design.

Quote Originally Posted by opiate82 View Post
    Galby is open to all non-motorized use but several trials are marked as "mountain biker and one-way only" trails. I think it has helped with multi-users because those not on a bike know which trails to avoid and the mountain bikers have trails where they can let loose. We don't see many horses up there but we do get a lot of hikers and trail runners.

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEasthill View Post
    ya aint uphillers, wahtever types, alwase sposed to yeald to downhillers, rite?
    What? I can't make any sense of this post. Please reformulate your position before posting, then think how you will clearly express your opinion-then start typing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sagebrush Slug View Post
    The guy's posted a single trip report. I call troll, or a 12 year old. Possibly both.
    I think you're right. I contacted WTA. They took the post down. I'll edit my OP to remove content from the "interwebs"
    - Be Someone

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Maday View Post
    I think you're right. I contacted WTA. They took the post down. I'll edit my OP to remove content from the "interwebs"
    Although obviously a troll post it serves as a good reminder to be courteous out there. Perception is reality and many people perceive mountain bikers as adrenaline fueled yahoos who bomb trails without regard to the safety of others. We're all ambassadors whether we like it or not. We can't control what others think but we can control our own actions.

That Waters Guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Maday View Post
    Awesome, and nicely handled!
    Rolland

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme View Post
    Trails created with the intent of downhill direction, IMO, are good for our sport and other users because of the reduced user conflict on the other multi-use/bi-directional trails.
    Agreed 100%. Very happy to see that getting adopted more around here, places like Cedar Run at Paradise Valley and the new Summit Trail at Tiger.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    hope it was a bs post. i ride there in the mornings is right down the road from my house when its not raining and i rarely see anyone on the trail so if i offended the 2 trail runners i saw then my apologies to them. but i dident get the chance to read what was posted so just taking a stab in the dark

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by mrosey View Post
    hope it was a bs post. i ride there in the mornings is right down the road from my house when its not raining and i rarely see anyone on the trail so if i offended the 2 trail runners i saw then my apologies to them. but i dident get the chance to read what was posted so just taking a stab in the dark
    The original post from the WTA site was pretty funny. It sounded like it was written by a 12 or 13 yr old kid. It was along the lines of "walkers better look out or they might get run over by dudes on bikes going fast on the downhills...." It was basically saying that people who walk should watch out and if they get hit by downhill traffic then it's their fault.

As long as you were riding in control then nobody has any right to complain. Its a multiuse trail so all users should expect to see hikers and bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    ok cool. there is someone looking for a motorized bike rider.