Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

More bikes in the woods.... (Anderson Lk)

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Wrench Monkey 
#1 · (Edited)
#5 ·
Very nice again...

You keep this up and I may have to abandon this cr@ppy snow season early and get over there.

So, it looked like an out and back on this one. How long is it? Going to have to start stacking up the, "do everything I can in a long weekend trip" and just bang it all out No Nancies style.

#6 · (Edited)
Here's the google earth track

EnduroDoug said:
Nice video. Really smooth. Looks like a fun place to ride, where is Anderson Lake? I don't recall having heard of it before.
About 3 miles east by northeast of Chimacum High School. (N48.01416 W122.80749)
I attached a Google Earth map of the area... The vid is of the orange trail.

KC - I'm not sure what the schedule is for cutting those trees. The same condition exists at Gibbs Lake... Quimper may want to weigh in on the question.

Attachments

#7 · (Edited)
Borneo said:
You keep this up and I may have to abandon this cr@ppy snow season early and get over there.
.... thanks; I'd like to think the images inspire people to to want to go for a ride.

Personally, I don't think the POV CAMs are all about flying downhill, so I try to leave a bit of everything in and represent the actual ride.

The trail is an out and back, however where it "ends" is where hopefully one day it will continue over to Gibbs Lake if Quimper can get Stuart headed south again :)

http://quimpertrails.org/

#8 ·
Hopefully the connection happens, i think you'd get alot more folk willing to make the trek so they could make a day out of riding there. While that may seem a fearful proposition, you only have to look at Eb's thread on the Transition build day at Galbraith to illuminate the positives of decisions like that.

Here locally the connection of Grand Ridge to Duthie... It's a no-brainer it's mutually helpful for both projects in getting ridden on and therefore helpful in the build process longterm.

#13 ·
This trail is two miles each way, four miles out and back. There is five more miles of good trail in the park accross the street from this trail.
The logging will be a cedar pole cut, so only the cedars will be cut down. The logging could start this spring.
The logging at Gibbs lake(5 miles of good xc single track) will be a clear cut. The hope is that the county parks might get the 60 acres of DNR land before it is logged. The Gibbs lake logging could start in the spring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.