mtbr member
    May 2004

Lower West Fork T-way RR

Happy Trails and I put in 18 miles yesterday evening and 21.5 today with Clutchman in tow. There were some snow patches in the North facing slopes and some of the trails were a bit soft from snow melt and the rain last week, But, overall, drying out nicely. The bloom looks a bit later than the Sage Hills area and should be hitting peak in the next week or so. Great times, perfect weather and thanks for the geology lesson Clutch. Lots of very interesting features out there to admire and ride on. Lots of eskers too. Lots of eskers...
    No elk seen but lots of tracks. Just deer.
    Also it's turkey season and lots of hunters out.
    Will get some pictures up shortly.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Clutchman likes slick rock.
    Attached Images Attached Images

squish is good
    I'd add the pics I've got but they are basically the same stuff! Thanks for the climbing beat down guys. Cool ride.
    Bike good, work bad.

Slothful dirt hippie
    You gonna be there next weekend? Husband and I *might* be able to swing one day...
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

mtbr member
    May 2004

Me?

Yep.

Slothful dirt hippie
    Oh I KNOW you'll be there, lol.... just wondering if I could also finally meet the infamous Clutchman.

mtbr member
    May 2004

I thought so, but....

He may be out of traction by next weekend...

21.5 miles of up and down with 3K climbing was a good early season awakening for both of us at how out of shape we are.

squish is good
    I won't be able to make it, I was planning on doing some rides in Taneum and maybe up in Leavenworth until I realized I had a geology field trip scheduled for this coming weekend. Gonna be down in Oregon looking at some cool volcanology stuff. I didn't see you at Rat Pac last Friday verslowrdr did I? We were running the short shuttle up the pavement in a Subaru and I thought I saw somebody who resembled some of your pics popping out about where the bottom of the Pac ends. I'm sure we'll meet at some point this summer, plan on putting in plenty of more rides in the area thanks to Borneo's tips from last weekend!
    Bike good, work bad.

Slothful dirt hippie
    Yeah, I rode that bottom section @ lunch Friday- first spin on the new SID fork that replaced an ol' crappy Manitou Six "fork shaped object". AMAZING performance improvement. I can't believe I've been riding a wet macaroni noodle all this time!

Have fun on the field trip, and PM me any time for riding on the weekend. I'll take pics of you boostin' whatever, just don't expect us old farts to follow suit!

Members who have read this thread: 0