Old and Crusty
    Nov 2010

Cool-blue Rhythm Lord Hill RR 2/08

Got out yesterday - 26 degrees at the car, I figured I'd have the majority of the park to myself being that it was frozen. Start down at Tester Rd. entrance - rode Quarry trail up to the lake, then up the rest of the Quarry trail to the Main Trail, turned up the Pipeline Cutoff Trail to the Pipeline trail, then over to the Temple Pond loop trail from there I turned onto the Red Barn Trail riding out past Beaver Lake. There's a great new re-route that is very ride-able now. Then up Beaver Lake Trail through the woods to the Main Trail then up West View to the Devils Butte Trail, up to the Powerplant then down a very awesome down trail back to West View Trail, then back up the Road to another down trail (hard -tricky entrance) but well worth it, after a quick decent I turned back to Main trail, electing not to go down Meat Cutter today - rode back up to Pipeline Cutoff Trail, then down the Pipeline trail to Main Trail and back up the last climb on the Pipeline trail then to the Pipeline Loop Trail back down to the Old Tester Rd. back to the car. Good ride - legs have that nice burning sensation, today it's snowing so I'll take the day off.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Lord is and always has been just one of those places that is just off the main local maps. Super fun too and hard to beat sunset from the bald top on a warm summer afternoon/evening. Been too long. need to get back out there.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OleGrayHair View Post
    Got out yesterday - 26 degrees at the car, I figured I'd have the majority of the park to myself being that it was frozen. Start down at Tester Rd. entrance - rode Quarry trail up to the lake, then up the rest of the Quarry trail to the Main Trail, turned up the Pipeline Cutoff Trail to the Pipeline trail, then over to the Temple Pond loop trail from there I turned onto the Red Barn Trail riding out past Beaver Lake. There's a great new re-route that is very ride-able now. Then up Beaver Lake Trail through the woods to the Main Trail then up West View to the Devils Butte Trail, up to the Powerplant then down a very awesome down trail back to West View Trail, then back up the Road to another down trail (hard -tricky entrance) but well worth it, after a quick decent I turned back to Main trail, electing not to go down Meat Cutter today - rode back up to Pipeline Cutoff Trail, then down the Pipeline trail to Main Trail and back up the last climb on the Pipeline trail then to the Pipeline Loop Trail back down to the Old Tester Rd. back to the car. Good ride - legs have that nice burning sensation, today it's snowing so I'll take the day off.
    I would like to visit LH park as I live nearby... where can I get a map with trail names to try to follow your routes? Thanks

EMBA Member
    Oct 2006

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks kasperilio. That's the official county map. But, there is more in there than that. Has been for years.... But, that is definitely enough to get anyone started.

Old and Crusty
    Nov 2010
    Yeah I haven't seen the map with all the "newer" trails on it, I'm sure someone has one to share. There's some killer trails in there, and I keep finding "new" ones each time I go. I've been really liking the "frozen rides" over the last couple months. These rides rock on the slimy ones, but those have their own personality too.