Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Looking for trail guild for Bremerton area

Hi, I'm From NH and I'm going to be here till 3/30 and I'm looking for someone to show me some sweet single track to ride my Epic 26'er. I love tech and look forward to working on my wet trail riding for sure. I have bike lights so dark is no problem for me.

As far as I know I think I have a way to get to the trail head as of now.

I'm looking to do some rides some time during the week ( I get home from work about 4:30pm ) and some weekend rides

One of my fav places to ride in NH is called Fort Rock

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I will show you around Banner if you like. Its in Port Orchard. I am usually there a couple times a week. Pm me if your interested.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by opiejab View Post
    Hi, I'm From NH and I'm going to be here till 3/30 and I'm looking for someone to show me some sweet single track to ride my Epic 26'er. I love tech and look forward to working on my wet trail riding for sure. I have bike lights so dark is no problem for me.

As far as I know I think I have a way to get to the trail head as of now.

I'm looking to do some rides some time during the week ( I get home from work about 4:30pm ) and some weekend rides

One of my fav places to ride in NH is called Fort Rock
    Kitsap Mountain Biking check this out.
    The Jackster. you must earn your turns and ride to the top.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I cant pm yet cus I have 6/10 posts up and i went hiking at green mt...... the trails there are really nice

Sweet
    Welcome to Kitsap if your on facebook there is a kitsap mtn biking page and on the net there is northwest Trail Riders nwtr.com: The Best Search Links on the Net I believe. The Evergreen Trail Alliance has most trail info for the area.
    I try to post some rides on here, we ride all the time...when you can pm me also. Newberry Hill/Klahoya is a good techy bit of localness...
    Courtland
    More fun than an open casket funeral

Sweet
    If you're in the service out here I believe their are resources on base for biking.
    BikeDr is a guy on here who is on base I believe..

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    no im not in the service just working at the base

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

posting to up posts

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Sweet
    This is fun post

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    When you reach 1000 post, a bunch of magic MTBR beans come spitting out of your computer.
    .~...|\
    ...~.|.\
    ..~..|..\
    .~...|...\
    ~....|....\
    ...~.|.....\
    ....~|____\
    _____||_________
    .\....FAILBOAT..../

Sweet

... and if we just ... newberry

Quote Originally Posted by opiejab View Post
    Newberry/Klahowya is right up from Silverdale, there are fresh maps at the kiosk. Take Deer Fern around towards Meadow and work your way over to Strange Days Gear Jammer etc then work your way back to the nw 250..I mean Beaver and Wolf Ridge Bobcat etc..

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

newberry hill

yeah I like newberry hill alot ... I rode them with this guy mark on prez day

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

beans

sweet everyone could use some magic beans

mtbr member
    there is some tech stuff @ klahowya, green mtn is another great local ride. I like the rolling terrain of port gamble myself, but banner is a fun ride for sure.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

klahowya

I would love to see klahowya..... im riding banner this week sometime it looks and ive riding green mt up cold creek and the DH was fun as hell!

mtbr member
    I was going to say Green Mountain is probably my favorite. There is TONS of trail up there and many unmarked and not on maps (excpet older ones). The best one to ride up and down IMO is Wildcat. I'm not good enough to ride up Gold Creek but many times I start at the Gold Creek trailhead and take plumber then cut over to a logging road that is short and really steep to get past the really steep section of plumber, then hop back on and take it up to Beaverpond then ride that around to the horse camp and grab Wildcat to the top then back down Gold Creek. Also you can take GM6 to GM17 then then GM1 to the top and down Gold Creek. We'll lap that 3-4 times and it's pretty fun. There are tons of choices but I'd start by riding Wildcat to the top and back down.

I ride Banner second most after GM and it's a lot of fun. Stottlemeyer is also fun but I don't make it there too often. I was riding Newberry Heritage Park some last spring and I've heard there's more trail but don't know for sure. Both Newberry and Wildcat are only 15 minuets from Bremerton so they're nice for a quick outing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I rode up and down gold creek ... I wasnt able to make all the climbs but most of it .... sooo fun I soo want to smash that climb tho

mtbr member
    Yeah I figure I can make it up that way but we're usually doing longer rides up there and I doubt i could do it twice! haha Give Wildcat a try too. Totally different trail but lots of fun as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    don't bother going up to green this week, snow is real deap up there

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    sweet thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    went though some nice water on the ridge trail at newberry hill rd in the dark tonight ))

Sweet
    The Newberry Stewrdship is working on those water areas, they drain into the beaver pond. I'm sure they'd love some help, their info is plastered all over the park(not literally). There are blowdowns being milled for more boardwalks.
    They work on Sat which is my real job work day.
    I am trying to finish my 5 miles north of there.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

green mt

just did my last ride before i go back home tonight. I went up cold creek and down wildcat and then 9 miles on the road back to my condo

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    anyone know how many miles it is to go to the top up cold creek then down wildcat?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast