mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Looking for a group to ride with - Seattle and Eastside

I moved out here 2 months ago and have been riding the trails some of you on here recommended. Due to convenience and grunt factor, I have been riding Grand Ridge and Tiger Mt. the most.

I have seen a ton of people out riding, but the majority seem to be riding up just to bomb the downhills - Enduro types (POC gear galore, 5"+ travel bikes).

I did see a couple of XC type racers out a couple of times at GR. Is there a club/team ride or a group of XC riders out here that I could join and try to hang with? Don't have the bike to shred with the enduro crowd at the moment, and am trying to put some good miles in before the Breck Epic stage race in Colorado in August.

Any help finding an XC group of riders will be most appreciated!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Couple of options:
    1) My team (Cucina Fresca) has a standing Wednesday GR ride. Lately it's been just me, but occasionally a few of my teammates show up. I swing through the parking lot on Sunset Way at 5 PM, and try to be back there by 7 PM. You're welcome to tag along.
    2) Wednesday Night Worlds is back this year (Wed Worlds Championship Presented by CLIF Bar and Company - NW Mountain Bike Series). It's a short course and a short race, so it's a pretty intense workout. But, you'd meet the local XC race crowd.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    sproqitman, thanks! I'll try to join your rides on Weds. I usually park at High Point and ride NW on GR and back. I suppose that is not the popular route...
    Will check out the Weds Night Worlds soon. I'm out with Pneumonia this week...

Fat-tired Roadie
    Check out evergreenmtb.org. The Thrilla rides are supposed to be fast, though I haven't been on one.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    PM ed you
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    I generally ride Grand Ridge early on Saturday or Sunday mornings (somewhere between 5:30 to 6:30am). PM me if you are interested in joining.