Thread: Logs on Iverson

mtbr member

Logs on Iverson

Yep. Logs, not trees. Someone took time to roll 3 big sections of felled tree that were sitting by the side of the trail for a quite a while (from the look of the cuts) right onto the trail, right next to each other such that they were blocking the entire width of the trail. I tried to move them off the trail, but they were beyond my pushing ability because they were (1) big, and (2) at a steep root/rock step down section a bit above the bridge and I had to work against gravity to move them.

I passed there around 12:30 ish this afternoon. If anyone was able to roll them off the trail after I went by, thank you. If you happen to ride Iverson tomorrow with a buddy or two and they are still there, everyone behind would be grateful if you could attempt to move them off the trail. You may want to slow down a bit toward the bottom in case they are still there, as they were right around a corner and caught me totally off guard.

I thought there was another incident like this recently where someone put nasty obstacles on bike trails. Grumpy hikers?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Addendum: Just got a report from a co-worker who rode it this morning and the logs are still there and he almost ran into them. Couldn't move 'em either. But, also of disturbing note is that he stated that there was a bunch of broken glass on the South end of the trail where it enters the road. he cleared what he could. But, worth noting....

mtbr member
    Something similar happened a few weeks ago in the Taneum, on moto trails. Not sure if they ever found out who did it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Logs are gone, I when and cut them only yesterday. I'll post something more about it soon.
    Epic trails get built in the Northwest by epic people!

Sustainable quality trails please.