Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lake Sawyer

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Lake Sawyer

Heading to the PNW/Lake Tapps area for the holidays from CO and want to bring the bike, but not sure because of all the rain. How are conditions at Lake Sawyer?

mtbr member
    I would skip the Lake Sawyer side and ride Summit Ridge and Henrys Ridge and maybe take a few runs down the Summit Ridge Freeride Park.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Thanks. I assume those are in decent condition?

mtbr member
    I recommend riding out to Henrys Ridge and back from Summit Ridge which are both in decent condition. You should find more than enough miles of trails to keep you happy for a while.

mtbr member
    The northern end of the west (lake sawyer) side is great riding too. The Henry's/Summit Ridge side is better maintained, but there is great trails in both areas. You cant go wrong either way.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gaszody View Post
    Heading to the PNW.... How are conditions at Lake Sawyer?
    Expect rain or light rain, with wet trails.
    - Be Someone

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    As said above bring your rain gear. It's a great winter riding area but if you don't ride in the rain you don't ride this time of year in the Pacific Northwest ...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    The northern end of the west (lake sawyer) side is great riding too. The Henry's/Summit Ridge side is better maintained, but there is great trails in both areas. You cant go wrong either way.
    I agree that there are areas in the Lake Sawyer side that still have good riding and I personally prefer those trails but they can be tricky to navigate to and chances are, you will end up riding down an un-maintained trail that will have you cursing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Has anyone been out on the Henry's/Summit Ridge trail in the last few days? I have never been out there (been riding Tiger all summer) but am in town alone for the holidays and was thinking about going for a ride on Xmas Day or Xmas Eve. If not Henry's/Summit Ridge, any other suggestions for a winter ride anywhere in the area? I love to climb and don't need anything too technical on the descents. Also, is it ok to have your dog on the Summit trail? I have a little Yellow Lab that would love to get dirty as well. Thanks in advance for the responses.

mtbr member
    Henry's and summit ridge is a great place to winter ride. We take dogs out there all the time, so that's not a problem.

mtbr member
    Yeah, you picked a great place to go in the winter. I bring my lab there all the time unless I'm going specfically to hit the flow park (he gets in the way on jumps). Lots and lots of doggies running with their biking owners out there.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    I love seeing trail dogs!

mtbr member
    I prefer the trail cougars out for a jog!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I saw two trail elk up on Anaconda at Henry's Ridge on Tuesday afternoon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Sounds like Charlie (that's my lab) and Hattie (my friends lab that I am dog sitting over xmas) are going to enjoy themselves! ..... I might have fun too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    .... and to make it an extra Merry Xmas, I think I'll hit Mt Baker Xmas Eve or the day Xmas for a little snowboarding!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Great ride with the pups on Henry's Ridge today!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lake Sawyer-dscf1037_2.jpg  

Lake Sawyer-dscf1047.jpg  

mtbr member
    hope he found the great singletrack loops up there, in the background of the 2nd photo
    Ride ON!
    Lifelong biker, MTBer since '86 when got me Ross Mt Whitney XC rig... Life is a circle.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    That would be Snake and Viper I believe... (The trails...)

mtbr member
    Bob thx for giving me the trail names there, that section still new to me... Happy New Year - I cant wait to get back to serious saddle time out there (and some occasional "air-time" over @ the jumplines, too) in the coming months!!!
    Ride ON!
    Lifelong biker, MTBer since '86 when got me Ross Mt Whitney XC rig... Life is a circle.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Here is the most current map of Henry's Ridge that I have. There are still some trails around Once Upon A Time that are not mapped yet.

Have fun!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lake Sawyer-henrys-ridge-map-10-26-12.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEasthill View Post
    hope he found the great singletrack loops up there, in the background of the 2nd photo
    Yup, we rode all over up above the water there, this was just the post ride clean up

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Where can I find the most updated maps for all the black diamond trails? I ride there almost 3 times a week and never have any idea what the trails I'm riding are called...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Most of the legit trails have trails signs. The trails east of the church property have names but no signage and that area will be logged soon...........

Here is the most current map that I have for the area. I am hoping that if you are riding 3 days a week that you are at least not getting lost!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lake Sawyer-black-diamond-trail-system.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Wow...that combo map of the two areas is sweet. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast