mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Know of any bike rentals near trails?

I am traveling to Western Washington (Seattle, possibly Olympic National Park, Columbia River Gorge area) and am wondering if anyone knows of a bike shop that rents mountain bikes that is within riding distance to a decent trail. I'd love to get in a singletrack ride, but can't bring my own bike and don't want to deal with figuring out a car rack either. Intermediate-Advanced trails preferred, but anything singletrack would be great. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Hi Hollyanne99,
    Unfortunately there are not a ton of shops in the Seattle area that offer rentals (short list below). Fortunately, we have terrific bus lines here and all buses have bike racks. So if you rented a bike you could certainly take a bus to within 2 miles of Duthie Hill, or you could bus to Grand Ridge and ride that over to Duthie.

Another option is to go ride DH at Stevens Pass Ski Resort/Bike Park and demo a bike from them.

Or you can post here for someone to ride with and see if you can arrange a carpool.

Here's a list of shops, some in Seattle and some on the east side (Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond) that are closer to most of the trails. You may also find other options in Portland so you could check down there too. The local bike club is NW Trails and there is an indoor bike park called The Lumberyard - either may be able to help you out.

Bike Rentals:
    Full suspension
    Kirkland Bicycles Kirkland Bicycle Shop
    Montlake Montlake Bike Shop - Rentals
    Aarons Rental Rates
    Hard tails at Recycled Cycles Recycled Cycles | Seattle's Used Bike Shop | Recycled Cycles Rentals
    Alki Bike and Board, West Seattle's oldest and friendliest Bicycle Shop

Best of luck and happy travels!
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Depending on timing, I may be able to give you a ride to Duthie, and I have bike racks.

I usually ride Duthie with our 16yo daughter (my wife tried it and it's not her thing). We mostly ride green and blue, so you may want to ride the blacks on your own...

Just roll it......
    Jack's Bikes and Fairhaven Bike and Ski's have rentals in B'ham I believe. Jacks' is an easy ride to Galby and Fairhaven is an easy ride to Chuckanut. I'd call to confirm in advance though.

EB