mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Kitsap reporting in

Friday had 7 of us finishing off the satisfaction trail in NB with the mower+. New grinder set up turned the trail into a smooth mass of organic. HL and I were on it quickly, and I had no problem riding it except for one climb on section 1. Hook up was great for a new trail with tough climbs, or was it the 29er? Naaaa.

Saturday took NN, HL, KC, LB to Green. First section of wildcat, FSR to horse camp and beaver pond trail. BP was great. New stuff is a ton of fun especially with the way narrow bench and trees leaning into the trail. Then up Plummer to the scout trail that goes to Gold. Up that for some burn. Make it to the summit for a warm breeze and sun. Fog hanging in the canal and sound. Descent was smoke.

Sunday had another NB tour with back and forth on the new cuts. The machinery is the key. We would have had 10x the hours if we had to deal with all the brush by hand.

Banner today. Usual fine conditions.

Someone asked about Tin mine. I was thinking about that today. This past summer some horse rider of little brain tried to get the stock across the big washout, the critter falls off into the ditch upside down. 6 hours later they, and some unhappy DNR guys, get it out, and it walks out only later to find its way to the rendering plant.

I am going to go down Tin Mine from the South end this week and clean the trail. Plan on only having an out and back to the mine. You could ride across the ditch as of late summer. Am going to ask Pope if they care if a trail is cut across their lands at the south end which will make getting up there more fun.

Cheers-NN

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by no nancies
    Friday had 7 of us finishing off the satisfaction trail in NB with the mower+. New grinder set up turned the trail into a smooth mass of organic. HL and I were on it quickly, and I had no problem riding it except for one climb on section 1. Hook up was great for a new trail with tough climbs, or was it the 29er? Naaaa.

Saturday took NN, HL, KC, LB to Green. First section of wildcat, FSR to horse camp and beaver pond trail. BP was great. New stuff is a ton of fun especially with the way narrow bench and trees leaning into the trail. Then up Plummer to the scout trail that goes to Gold. Up that for some burn. Make it to the summit for a warm breeze and sun. Fog hanging in the canal and sound. Descent was smoke.

Sunday had another NB tour with back and forth on the new cuts. The machinery is the key. We would have had 10x the hours if we had to deal with all the brush by hand.

Banner today. Usual fine conditions.

Someone asked about Tin mine. I was thinking about that today. This past summer some horse rider of little brain tried to get the stock across the big washout, the critter falls off into the ditch upside down. 6 hours later they, and some unhappy DNR guys, get it out, and it walks out only later to find its way to the rendering plant.

I am going to go down Tin Mine from the South end this week and clean the trail. Plan on only having an out and back to the mine. You could ride across the ditch as of late summer. Am going to ask Pope if they care if a trail is cut across their lands at the south end which will make getting up there more fun.

Cheers-NN
    Sounds like some incredibly productive work you guys are accomplishing.

Tin Mine is a trail worth working for in my opinion. Always liked climbing and descending, nice grade, fairly straight, yet still interesting run for climbing and descending up Gold from the mine. Of course liked descending the fall line mess too, with the understanding that that particular trail is likely doomed.
    .~...|\
    ...~.|.\
    ..~..|..\
    .~...|...\
    ~....|....\
    ...~.|.....\
    ....~|____\
    _____||_________
    .\....FAILBOAT..../

Build More = Ride More
    NN, Let me know if/when you guys are going to work Tin Mine trail. I'll be more than happy to come out and help if it's on a weekend. It's going to take a lot of work to get that washout built back up. Heck, even last time I was out there I could hardly even walk around it, it was so steep and gone. I think a full day of work with at least 4 guys could get it at least passable.

That section of trail is on such a scary steep slope, I can't imagine what the horse rider was thinking? It's hard enough walking along there without dieing!

I rode Gold and Green Mtns on Sunday. That loop is more fun when you can ride up tin mine. Horse killer needs a little love too as a lot of blowdowns are still messing it up.

Members who have read this thread: 0