I5Troll

King County Parks 75th Anniversary at Tolt

An opportunity to help MikeE out on the new trail he's been building at Tolt, or help dial in your old favorite. MikeE and Evergreen's GrahamT will be there leading volunteers.

From KC Parks...

Join the KING COUNTY PARKS 75TH ANNIVERSARY Special Volunteer Event and Party on Saturday, July 20th at Tolt-MacDonald Park.

9am to Noon: Volunteer work party. Help out on the trails or help on restoration projects along the Snoqualmie River.

Lunch will be provided for volunteers.

12:30 to 2:30pm: Fun and games -- old fashioned gunny sack races, egg and spoon relays, etc. or take your bike out on the trails.

To sign up, please email Laurie Clinton at Laurie.Clinton@kingcounty.gov.

The afternoon is open to all, even if you donít volunteer in the morning.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Considering the new flow lines, the skills area, the pump track and the new, easy to read mapping, I'm really surprised that there isn't more traffic on this or the actual Evergreen calendar event. No one signed up. Odd.

mtbr member

Re: King County Parks 75th Anniversary at Tolt

I bumped into Kent of now closed New Conspiracy fame and he has been helping out MikeE and that's some great talent to have onboard.

He sees the shape of the land and paints the trail onto that shape. The plan is to get more trail onto county property to avoid the tree farm whims.

Anyone that lives within 30 minutes of Tolt or otherwise rides there are prime candidates, but its summer and most of us covet these precious 12 weeks so I get that but its a short work event more to get the idea this location is evolving so why not check it out?

I5Troll
    The calendar event directs folks to Laurie (Laurie.Clinton@kingcounty.gov) to sign up for this event.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Considering the new flow lines, the skills area, the pump track and the new, easy to read mapping, I'm really surprised that there isn't more traffic on this or the actual Evergreen calendar event. No one signed up. Odd.
    The kingco map doesn't have the new dh flowy trail on it, nor does it have the one to the north of the access road that goes to the top of said dh flowy trail. Perhaps the 0.22 mile trail that they have marked as south of that road is misplaced. I don't recall that trail being there.

Pump track? Where the heck is that?

I live only ~2 miles from the west side of the tree farm (Green Crow owns it last time I checked) and ride out there when I don't want to drive anywhere. The tree farm trails are in serious need of a brushing out for sure. Does this event only cover the Tolt-MacDonald park trails or the whole package?

I'm sorry that I won't be able to help out that weekend--I'll be in Leavenworth.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    I thought Bob was being sarcastic, there's really a downhill trail at Tolt now? Or is that what people call riding down IAB now?
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith View Post
    I thought Bob was being sarcastic, there's really a downhill trail at Tolt now? Or is that what people call riding down IAB now?
    Hard to tell who can out-sarcastic whom. I'm pretty good at it. Some say it's my native state.

I wouldn't call it DH, but it is dh at least.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    I think I can help out that day, I am getting back into riding after a few years off, ok a lot of years off. but none of my friends ride anymore, so it's kinda weird going to places solo. but would love to help out.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Don't forget to vote yes on the parks levy in August.
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Hey all,

It would be sweet to have a strong MTB showing at the event at Tolt on Sat., so come join the good clean fun if you are free.

Also, can any of you guys point me in the direction of said dh flow trail? I am heading out there to sniff around today, and would love a heads up. I have some old maps from the EMBA site.

thanks, gt

mtbr member

Re: King County Parks 75th Anniversary at Tolt

I will be there sporting some emba swag! Never been on the trails out there so if nothing else a good chance to scout them out. See ya'll there!
    Gotta love that government cheese...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gturnage2002 View Post
    Also, can any of you guys point me in the direction of said dh flow trail? I am heading out there to sniff around today, and would love a heads up. I have some old maps from the EMBA site.

thanks, gt
    Graham, I sent you a link to a route I took this spring that has the trail on it plus a picture of said map. I'm sorry I didn't get it to you yesterday so if you missed it, now you know where it is.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFivenWhiteGuy View Post
    I will be there sporting some emba swag! Never been on the trails out there so if nothing else a good chance to scout them out. See ya'll there!
    Tolt is definitely an old school type place-no berms (at least on the original trails), tight, twisty and a lot of roots. If that's OK then I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Of course you have to get up IAB first but after that then you have the goods right in front of you. Personally I like the place, if for no other reason its a nice change of pace.