mtbr member

Japanese Gulch Work Party May 6th

Please join us to throw some dirt around in the gulch this Sunday, May 6th, from 1-4pm. Meet at the 5th Street parking lot on the west side.

No experience or tools necessary. If you have tools please bring them. Make sure you dress appropriately.

We need people for grading and benching the trails. In addition, for those with carpentry skills, we have 6 bridges and an entrance kiosk to build over the next few months.

- Be Someone

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Sorry I couldn't make it. Had my son's 4th birthday party to host. What got accomplished? Pictures speak a 1000 words!

Oh, and what's the status of the boardwalk that's supposed to get put in leading from the parking lot to the beginning of the trail? Waiting on the dog park work to be completed?

mtbr member
    Sorry, no pics that I know of.

Things are going well. Pretty good turnout. Finished off one bridge, and got a good start on two more. Waiting on pier blocks from the city to finish one of the larger spans.

The beginning/ first bridge area and entrance structure will wait until after the dog park gets graded.

The Boy Scout project at the rope slide area was almost complete when I left. It will be stairs with a platform for bikes to use on the side of the stairs (recommend as dismounted rider). Probably need some pics to explain.

See you at the next work party, Sunday June 3rd.
    - Be Someone