Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Indie Series stops in Port Angeles

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  goneskiian 
#1 ·
The first stop of the Indie Series will happen May 22nd in Port Angeles. (Sorry for the late notice, we've been buried with NW Cup stuff) We're stoked to enter the croxx country scene and have a super fun track laid out. Look for more XC racing out here into the future utilizing multiple venues.
http://olympicdirtsociety.blogspot.com/

#5 ·
Good Question

TrailMiester said:
The Indie Series starts and stops in PA. What has happened to this series? What a decline over the past 2 years; what's up?
I think it's a glass half full/ empty thing. I see an opportunity to start putting on more killer events and serve people like you who want more. Let's get constructive and make things like they used to be, or better.

#7 ·
Me too

unicrown junkie said:
I'm thinking of hitting the race to see what its like on Sunday. Haven't been to one since the 1995 Shasta Lemurian, ouch.
I haven't raced since 1993!! Should be a fun course and kind of a swan song for the downhill portion as the saws are being sharpened as we speak for harvest.

#9 ·
For those of you that race and missed this event, you missed one of the most epic race venues that has come along in a long, long while. This race brought back the “X-country” to MTB racing for WA. 2.5 miles of very technical downhill going back to the start, finish line brought in so much carnage the First Aid volunteer was busy all day long. I for one hope that this course stays on the annual calendar for years to come. It very much did not favor one type of rider or another, only a truly rounded MTB'er won each class....
Bravo to the event staff and volunteers!!

#10 ·
Glad to hear you liked it.

The EMT dude said there was almost nothing going on? Maybe he was comparing it to the DH races he helps us with?

We had a good time as well and are glad to know that we can pull one of these off. Look for more in this area on into the future.
Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.