mtbr member

Indie Series stops in Port Angeles

The first stop of the Indie Series will happen May 22nd in Port Angeles. (Sorry for the late notice, we've been buried with NW Cup stuff) We're stoked to enter the croxx country scene and have a super fun track laid out. Look for more XC racing out here into the future utilizing multiple venues.
    http://olympicdirtsociety.blogspot.com/

mtbr member

Pre registration is open

The course is going to get a heavy pimping this weekend, Should be fun followed by a feast.
    Scott
    Register here

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    The Indie Series starts and stops in PA. What has happened to this series? What a decline over the past 2 years; what's up?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Thats what i thought down to 4 races!! from 8, the good news is the endurance scene is looking really good right now hope it continues to grow. Looking forward to the race in Port Angeles should be fun..

mtbr member

Good Question

Quote Originally Posted by TrailMiester
    The Indie Series starts and stops in PA. What has happened to this series? What a decline over the past 2 years; what's up?
    I think it's a glass half full/ empty thing. I see an opportunity to start putting on more killer events and serve people like you who want more. Let's get constructive and make things like they used to be, or better.

TrinityRiverKerplunk
    I'm thinking of hitting the race to see what its like on Sunday. Haven't been to one since the 1995 Shasta Lemurian, ouch.

mtbr member

Me too

Quote Originally Posted by unicrown junkie
    I'm thinking of hitting the race to see what its like on Sunday. Haven't been to one since the 1995 Shasta Lemurian, ouch.
    I haven't raced since 1993!! Should be a fun course and kind of a swan song for the downhill portion as the saws are being sharpened as we speak for harvest.

mtbr member

It's dialed

Worked about 4 hours pimping the track tonite and it is super sweet. Those who don't come race will wish they had.
    ODS

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    For those of you that race and missed this event, you missed one of the most epic race venues that has come along in a long, long while. This race brought back the “X-country” to MTB racing for WA. 2.5 miles of very technical downhill going back to the start, finish line brought in so much carnage the First Aid volunteer was busy all day long. I for one hope that this course stays on the annual calendar for years to come. It very much did not favor one type of rider or another, only a truly rounded MTB'er won each class....
    Bravo to the event staff and volunteers!!

mtbr member

Glad to hear you liked it.

The EMT dude said there was almost nothing going on? Maybe he was comparing it to the DH races he helps us with?

We had a good time as well and are glad to know that we can pull one of these off. Look for more in this area on into the future.
    Scott

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Oh boy did the race you had to be a good descender as well as good climber, fun event family enjoyed the event as well. kudos to the guy who kept the fire stoked all day long (my kind of guy) good vibe I'll be back next year for sure..

mtbr member
    I'd like to give a big "Thank You" to all those who made this event possible. Super fun course to say the least, and my compliments to the Chef for the yummy food! This was my first race and definately want to do it again!

Milt

Just roll it......
    I heard the same thing from some buddies that did the race. Great venue and course.

Scott/Casey, it sounds like the ODS outdid themselves. Cool!!

mtbr member
    Damn. Now I'm really regretting skipping out on it!

Glad to hear it was such a cool race. Next time for sure...