Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    May 2012
    Maybe we set up a program like Carbon Credits to help offset the damage done to trails by skidiots. By attending work parties or through monetary contributions, they can earn their destructive turns.

Maybe we can call it: Selfish Kooks Incessantly Doing Idiotic Outdated Turns

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    its so ingrained in me not to skid I find it slows me down on certain turns in Enduro races as its hard to overcome my programming.. Makes me wonder what the trailwork plans are for after the 410 race this August.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey Simon View Post
    What many don't understand is that when high caliber riders film a trail segment and blowing out a berm they often built that trail. Young or new riders don't understand how much effort goes into a production, including all of the trail work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's total BS... Just 'cuz you built it doesn't mean you get to glorify locking them up and throwing the biggest spray you can. Filming it all the while to make up for "other" lacking issues...

This sport is growing like it never has before and all these new riders look up to the "high caliber" riders and will emulate them which no one here will disagree, in this case is harmful to the sport. Plus it gives the anti-mountain bike ammo to shut down potential growth because no one really know if this is on a forest service trail or some private stash one on someone's property.

I'm really diggin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    That's total BS... Just 'cuz you built it doesn't mean you get to glorify locking them up and throwing the biggest spray you can. Filming it all the while to make up for "other" lacking issues...

This sport is growing like it never has before and all these new riders look up to the "high caliber" riders and will emulate them which no one here will disagree, in this case is harmful to the sport. Plus it gives the anti-mountain bike ammo to shut down potential growth because no one really know if this is on a forest service trail or some private stash one on someone's property.
    Agree 100%. I live in an area where there is are horrible access issues. Many opponents post clips from MTB videos in anti bike blogs and webpages. Even a County Supervisor was so incensed when she saw a MTB video with dirt being chucked around she reportedly refused to shop there ever again and started shopping at a different bike retailer where a friend worked.

It makes the sport look bad to opponents period. I just didn't want to go there on this thread as I sound like chicken little to most mountain bikers not familiar with the access issues in Marin.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Atta Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    That's total BS....
    Damn, that's what I thought, surprised it too you a whole week to reply, but I guess you were out riding and trail work at Teanaway.

MTBR should have an Atta Boy or Like button for posts as you just wrote.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2