mtbr member
    Oct 2005

If you had 2 months off this summer where would you ride?

Well, it looks like I may have some time on my hands. I'm no spring chicken and this kind of life event may not come again until I retire in which case my knees will be made of titanium or whatever knee replacements are made of by then.

Anyway, after a couple of weeks on vacation in July I am planning on taking to the trailer and heading for the Rockies, starting in Durango and working my way back, sort of. Right now I really want to ride the San Juan’s fairly extensively and then Crested Butte. But after that I need some advice.

I was thinking Winter Park but after that Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Canada etc...

Also, if there is anyone out there that may want to be my ride buddy (for part or all) and are monetarily self sufficient we should talk.

Happy Trails
    Last edited by HappyTrails; 04-26-2009 at 11:08 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Tamarack Resort in McCall, Idaho is supposed to be really nice. DH, XC, FR in abundance. Also in McCall is Brundage Mountain which has lift serviced DH. Very nice and fast DH at Brundage.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Would love to, but.....

...just can't.

I'd make a big loop out of it and hit the wet side of OR on the way down and then into NorCal. Over 80 stopping at Tahoe and into Salt Lake. Option South for some Moab/Fruita if the weather is cool enough and then back up the rockies. Sun Valley trails and then of course the stuff around Stanley. Back over Kettle Crest/Nelson BC, etc.

Check out Heidi from Bend's trip to Montana/Wyoming last year on RM. Lots of info and pictures. Looks right up your alley.

all about the ride down
    Apr 2008
    There is amazing riding here on either side of the Tetons. Also south into the Snake River's, Salt's, Wyoming's, Caribou's, Palisades. Grand Targhee has lift served. Sun Valley is a must.The Wasatch is beautiful.

Remember to be BEAR AWARE from here north into Idaho Panhandle/Montana should you come this way.
    The More People I Meet the More I Prefer Dogs!

More Riding Less Internet
    I'm moving to whistler again for the summer. you can't beat it!

Kyle,

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by thom9719
    I'm moving to whistler again for the summer. you can't beat it!

Kyle,
    Whislter is fun an all but I have ridden all that because I consider it local even though you typically stay overnight if you are from the seattle area. I am really looking for epic destinations in the Western states. My defintion of an epic ride lasts most of the day and have low drive to ride ratio. And like Monte said in another post, 'very memorable'.

ride your bike
    Oregon, Whistler, Banff/Canmore, Rossland, Utah
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

mtbr member
    Silver Star
    Panorama
    Fernie
    Kicking Horse
    Rossland
    Nelson
    Big Mountain in Kalispell MT
    Big Sky Resort in MT
    Silver Mountain in Kellog ID

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kntr
    Silver Star
    Panorama
    Fernie
    Kicking Horse
    Rossland
    Nelson
    Big Mountain in Kalispell MT
    Big Sky Resort in MT
    Silver Mountain in Kellog ID
    Are those all downhill resorts? Don't get me wrong I like going down but I like to earn my turns. I should have been more specific. I like the all day epics where you actully have spin those cranks. 5-10k of vert is respectable, IMHO. Doing this in the NW is one thing but I have never tried it high altitude. god help me...

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    4 rides
    3 of them epics
    1 work party
    Riders from across the region, come on out.

http://evergreenmtb.org/wiki/index.p...ocacy_Festival
    .~...|\
    ...~.|.\
    ..~..|..\
    .~...|...\
    ~....|....\
    ...~.|.....\
    ....~|____\
    _____||_________
    .\....FAILBOAT..../

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I saw the post a couple of weeks ago and it just kills me. The stars have just never aligned for this ride. I will be on vacation in Kona that week. I know it sounds stupid but i would rather be on this ride for those 4 days than in Hawaii. Am I mental or what?

mtbr member
    A stop in Rossland BC is a must, there's enough there for 2 or 3 days easily.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

Members who have read this thread: 0