mtbr member

Hush Hush could use some TLC

I was hiking on the Hush Hush trail today and noticed that it could use some serious TLC. There's tons of trees down and some deep pools of standing water. I noticed all the other trails with downed trees have been cleaned up in the Chuckanuts. It's as if Hush Hush is being ignored.

I've lived in B'ham for less than a year, but I know the trail was illegally built years ago. I was told that since it was illegally built by riders that it it's supposed to be maintained by riders. Is this true?

If so, I'd be down to go up with a few others to do some maintenance.
    "Bound to cover just a little more ground"

Just roll it......
    Playdead, give me a holla via PM. Lower Salal (aka, hush hush) was an unauthorized built trail, but has been adopted by Whatcom County Parks. The WMBC is supposed to be maintaining it and I've kicked around a Feb. workday. If you wanted to go up and do some work in advance, we should coordinate.

There's an easy way to get into the lower section off of Cleator, but we might be able to get access up Hemlock to get more tools up there (if necessary).

Cheers,
    EB

mtbr member
    If you both coordinate some trail work, PM me too. Hush Hush is a great trail and I'd like to help keep it in good shape...

E

Just roll it......
    Playdead was out with a few guys yesterday. Sounds like it'll need another day or so, but saw some pics and the work looked great.

EB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by theycallmeE View Post
    If you both coordinate some trail work, PM me too. Hush Hush is a great trail and I'd like to help keep it in good shape...

E
    Sorry for not getting back to you in advance. We'll let you know when we head out again. We have 1 or 2 days of work left.

I ended up heading up there again today with my dog to check out the drainage in some key areas. Ended up rock armoring and throwing some more gold dirt on a spot I worked on yesterday. Nice quiet (and wet) day in the Chuckanuts. My dog was stoked too.
    "Bound to cover just a little more ground"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by playdead View Post
    Sorry for not getting back to you in advance. We'll let you know when we head out again. We have 1 or 2 days of work left.

I ended up heading up there again today with my dog to check out the drainage in some key areas. Ended up rock armoring and throwing some more gold dirt on a spot I worked on yesterday. Nice quiet (and wet) day in the Chuckanuts. My dog was stoked too.
    No worries. I wandered out there yesterday afternoon with the dogs to see if I could help. I saw evidence of your work but didn't have the tools to do much myself.

Happy to come out next time. Thanks for working on the trail - one of my favorites

E