mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Henry's Ridge RR

We rode Henry's Ridge today and the trails are about as perfect as they will ever be. Hero tacky dirt everywhere and no mud. The new trail...Beaver Tricks? Wow!!! What a fun trail...flowy going down and up! Big kudos to all those that help build that trail.

Cheers,
    Mike

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Thanks. The guys that used to build over on the Plum Creek land that got logged are helping us now. BTW. "Beaver Tracks", but I am sure some beavers have tricks.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    This isn't the same tight and twisty one down by the RR tracks that Wendy broke her leg on last summer???? Or, another section of BT...?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    We were on upper Beaver Tracks, not the lower, rooty, trials course trail. AFAIK, anyway. It was my first time out there and it feels like a buffed out version of Tolt. Not a lot of miles but quite a workout.

As far as the new trails, the only faux pas I saw (IMO of course) is the set of three short, tight switchbacks where the trail doubles back on itself to only be 15-20 feet apart and barely any elevation difference. Of course, we were going up the switchbacks (twice) and not down them, so maybe it works better the other direction and keeps drainage from being a problem if the trail were to simply turn left (downhill) or right (uphill direction) with a nice berm.

Here is a map centered in the area I am referring to:
    http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/gmap...14621&t=h&z=18
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Henry's Ridge RR

Not the same trail that Wendy crashed on. This one is brand new. Opened a month or two ago?

Fwiw, I did fall victim to those stupid wooden posts at the exit of Rte 66 to the 279th Park. Right shin is bruised up pretty good today. That gate is wide enough to tempt you to do it but can mess you up if a couple mils off center.
    Henry's was also great yesterday because it was all tree covered riding to keep us out of the hot sun. We are such sun wimps here in the PNW. ;-)

Cheers,
    Mike

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Upper Beaver Tracks is not a new trail. It has been there for a few years. It did get updated this spring with berms and more flowiness for you flow monkeys

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The trail with the switchbacks I was describing is not Upper Beaver Tracks, although I think the one Mike is describing is UBT. The one I referred to was fairly new and not on the map I have from 10-26-12, and is sort of between Upper Beaver Tracks and Once Upon a Time, at the SW corner, south of Ogre. Our track is shown on the map that I gave a link to above, centered at those switchbacks.

Does that trail have a name? I didn't see a nameplate for that one, but could easily have missed it.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    The newer loop trail off of Upper BT is called Big Beaver. It has the tricky/steep uphill turns. This trail currently does not have a sign but is towards the end of Upper BT. Gnomes Trail is another new trail accessed off of Derailer. Go to Google Maps for the latest map with trail names. (But our mapping guy has not include Big Beaver yet.)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit Ridge Guy View Post
    The newer loop trail off of Upper BT is called Big Beaver. It has the tricky/steep uphill turns. This trail currently does not have a sign but is towards the end of Upper BT. Gnomes Trail is another new trail accessed off of Derailer. Go to Google Maps for the latest map with trail names. (But our mapping guy has not include Big Beaver yet.)
    Thanks. Note that the link I posted does use Google map data as its base and shows said trails too.

Feel free to poach my track for adding it to the map if you like. The GPX file is embedded in the link, fairly easy to discern.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Thanks for pointing out that Big Beaver is missing - and for sharing yours GPS data. I saw it on one of my rides but wasn't sure if the trail data was an anomolly or whether it was an actual trail.

I've added it to the map and it should be on there by the evening.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cycling_engineer View Post
    Thanks for pointing out that Big Beaver is missing - and for sharing yours GPS data. I saw it on one of my rides but wasn't sure if the trail data was an anomolly or whether it was an actual trail.

I've added it to the map and it should be on there by the evening.
    It's there already for me.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3