mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Heading to Whistler

Hello. Haven't been there in several years.

Anyone rented from Summit Sports? No longer own a dh bike.
    One day park. One day xc with a bear bell.

Would Train Wreck, Kill Me Thrill Me compare to anything on Galbraith or Tiger?

Not looking for crazy since will be solo trip unfortunately.
    New must ride trails in the bike park? Blue Velvet, Mckenzie River at the top of my list. Thinking of Dwayne Johson, can clear to the dirt on Happy ending on a trail/xc bike.

Not interested in Goats Gully style. Flipped it, ednoed it, crashed it, slid it. I'm done with it.

Thanks for any suggetions. I'll be there the July 17-20.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Heading to Whistler

Yeah, Summit is pretty good. They have some decent rental bikes. Rented a Trek Session from them before. Ask for 10% discount if staying in the Hilton. Their mechanics have been pretty good too, but only gave them a few minor things I didn't want to mess with. Fanatyk in the Village is good too. Not a big fan of the other shops in the Village, but you do get a 15% discount on rentals and other things from the Mountain's shops (i.e. Garbanzo Bike & Bean, Demo Center) if you have an Edge Card.

That Dwayne Johnson gap is a lot bigger than the Happy Ending.

Don't forget Top of the World trail opens this weekend. Such a beautiful run: Top of the World to Freight Train to Dirt Merchant to Lower A Line to GLC Drop to beers at GLC. All the way down the mountain! Good last run to finish a trip.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks for the info. Summit sounds good. I am staying at the hostel and they also have a 10% off. I don't have an edge card. Maybe next year. I'll have to check that gap out with a walk and look into Top of the World.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by bavgumbo View Post
    Would Train Wreck, Kill Me Thrill Me compare to anything on Galbraith or Tiger?
    Those are opposite ends of the valley, and I'm not sure Trainwreck is running these days.
    Kill me thrill me is good fun. If you want to go longer, connect that with the beginning of comfortably numb/young lust DH for a figure-8. Anything on the westside/flank trail area is awesome.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks for the tip on the trails. I'll give that north end route a go, but depends on what I feel like after a day in the park.

Is there anyway to get discounted lift ticket for one day? Local stores, Squamish etc..