Thread: Hansen Ridge RR

Last word is all yours...

Hansen Ridge RR

Had a few hours late in the afternoon today to ride, and decided I wanted to make up for the Hansen Ridge recon ride I had to cancel Thursday due to my injury. Went up solo, and as expected, didn't see another person on the trail the whole time. There were about three cars at the shooting pit firing heavy artillery and semiautomatic handguns. At least I didn't have to worry about running into any bears near the TH.

The road is a little rough in spots, but still no problem. The upper gate was unlocked. The trail is in great condition overall. Needs a bit of brush cutting in a couple places - folding saw would be fine. I was (pleasantly) surprised to find a few patches of snow still remaining here and there on the upper section, including one that was large enough for me to fail to ride all the way through.

The weather today was perfect for this ride - made for a nice, cool temp up top, and a spectacular view of Rainier on the way down. Actually surprised me, because every other time I've been there, it's been cloudy. So, if you're looking for a ride with epic views and a finale view of Rainier, do this on a clear day.

Here is a short video showing the general terrain. Also, the wiki has been updated.

--
    -bp

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Excellent timing! I may head up tomorrow then after all.

Thanks r1de!