pnj
    mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Greenlake Dirt Jumps are waiting for YOU.

We have a new crew of volunteers that have been creating a much more user friendly dirt jump area.

We have a super fun/easy roller line.
    a medium table top line.
    some doubles next to the table tops.
    and some other jumps too!

Every Friday is the weekly jam. We have children as young as 3 on push bikes and old folks on 26 inch bikes. and everything in between.

Good times for all!

Come on out and get your pump on.

mtbr member
    Great to hear. One of our regular crew was really into getting better at jumps like those, so we spent a lot of nights out at Green Lake getting used to larger doubles. He moved so I haven't been over there in a few months, but was feeling the itch to check it out again. Will have to stop by one Friday night for sure!
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    hmmm, maybe ill try it. last time they looked very BMX steep.
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
    ~~~KNOLLY KNATION RACING~~~

I5Troll
    Schweeeet news! Thanks for all the hard work!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Speaking of Greenlake, have improvements to the rudimentary trails in Woodland Park (above the dirt jumps) ever been discussed? I feel like some cool loops, berms, banked turns, etc. could be developed in there. Turning them into real trails would be sweet. I'm sure the city would rather leave it "undisturbed" to sketchy crackheads instead though...Seattle really needs more trail riding in the city.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike03cf View Post
    Seattle really needs more trail riding in the city.
    But we have Hamlin park!

I kid I kid...
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    yeah, cool to see this. I'd be down for checking out some less intimidating jumps than what I've seen there in the past.....

pnj
    mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    The parks department is not at all excited about trails in the woods.

The existing trails in lower woodland park are too popular with common walking folk/dogs/bunnies/etc. We're really lucky to have the dirt jumps that we have now.

There is a group trying to get trails on Beacon Hill though. They need all the help they can get to get the city on their side.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beaco...507386?fref=ts

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotteric View Post
    yeah, cool to see this. I'd be down for checking out some less intimidating jumps than what I've seen there in the past.....
    There's a good intermediate line there that's all tables, and it's easy enough to throw a double in that line if you decide to step it up some. Great for learning jumping really.
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    The parks department is not at all excited about trails in the woods.

The existing trails in lower woodland park are too popular with common walking folk/dogs/bunnies/etc. We're really lucky to have the dirt jumps that we have now.

There is a group trying to get trails on Beacon Hill though. They need all the help they can get to get the city on their side.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beaco...507386?fref=ts
    I'm new to Seattle and therefore not familiar with the politics, but there's hardly anyone in the woods there except homeless people. Then again, if it's anything like Portland up here, it makes sense for those in power to be irrationally anti-mountain bike. Trails in Beacon Hill, or anywhere really, would obviously be cool. Volunteer Park strikes me as another under used, slightly creepy place that could have great riding potential, but I'm sure I can only dream on that one too.

Anyway, sorry to derail the thread. Those jumps are big. Cool to see some guys rip on them. I've only played around on the small ones super early in the morning, when no one was around to see me make a fool of myself.

pnj
    mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    The days are longer!

Grab your bike and come out tonight. Going to be a good time.