mtbr member
    May 2004

Grand Ridge Wind

Was it windy there today?
    If you find any blowdowns please post location and picture or description so I can pass it on to the county. Is it all on the ground or hung up in some branches?
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    It was blowing a good 20-30 MPH, maybe more with the gusts on Christmas. Torrential downpour for several hours too. I haven't been out there yet, I would imagine there might be some blowdowns.

mtbr member
    I was out there Friday and Sunday. 2 or 3 blowdowns on the ground or very close. Dave, when I get home ill email you approximate locations. Sorry no pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Did most of the south side below the estates on Monday and things were clear. Didn't go up top. But that was before the wind yesterday.

mtbr member
    There were two close together on the decent to the high point trail head past the Coal Mine trail cut off in between the 2nd and third switchback. The other was north of Grand Ridge drive just after the start of the descent to the first little bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    How big? Chainsaw size?
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

mtbr member
    Yes, chainsaw size.