mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Gran Fondo. Ephrata WA, 3/31, Sign-up is open!

The 3rd Gran Fondo in Ephrata is open for registration 1-13-12, There is a rider limit off 100 so get a spot now. 78 miles of fun to test your early season legs.

Follow the link for all the details.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmguy View Post
    The 3rd Gran Fondo in Ephrata is open for registration 1-13-12, There is a rider limit off 100 so get a spot now. 78 miles of fun to test your early season legs.

Thanks for posting this! I may be one of the slowest, but I signed up!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Gran Fondo Link

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmguy View Post

Does this fund a local charity or something? Just curious since the price had gone up 20% and now has socks instead of a t-shirt. Great ride, I've done it the last two years and really enjoyed it. Any option to sign up without the bikereg.com fees?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Opps, long day yesterday and I forgot the link, Thanks.

No Charity that I know off, just cost have gone up and as far as I know, online signup is the only option. Follow the link to contact Jake for more answers, I will ask at tomorrows nights ride as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ACree View Post
    Does this fund a local charity or something? Just curious since the price had gone up 20% and now has socks instead of a t-shirt. Great ride, I've done it the last two years and really enjoyed it. Any option to sign up without the bikereg.com fees?
    Reasons for Gran Fondo price hike: event entry fees are now taxable transactions per the WA State Department or Revenue. With our entry fee increase we can now absorb that instead of saying "plus tax." Last year the bulk of registration happened day of which was already paying $45, but that's a pain, so pre-reg only this year @ $50 and we pay the tax. If this ever becomes a profitable event I would love to donate a portion to a worth cause, however a profitable event it has yet to become. As for sock vs. t-shirts.... just trying to mix it up a little. We didn't go that route to save money, in fact the socks will end up costing a little more, they're nice! I hope it doesn't feel like we're raking you over the coals here, we try hard to put on good events at fair prices.

I'll get a printable registration form on rideviciouscycle.com in the next day or two.

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jakethesnake View Post
    Reasons for Gran Fondo price hike: event entry fees are now taxable transactions per the WA State Department or Revenue. With our entry fee increase we can now absorb that instead of saying "plus tax." Last year the bulk of registration happened day of which was already paying $45, but that's a pain, so pre-reg only this year @ $50 and we pay the tax. If this ever becomes a profitable event I would love to donate a portion to a worth cause, however a profitable event it has yet to become. As for sock vs. t-shirts.... just trying to mix it up a little. We didn't go that route to save money, in fact the socks will end up costing a little more, they're nice! I hope it doesn't feel like we're raking you over the coals here, we try hard to put on good events at fair prices.

I'll get a printable registration form on rideviciouscycle.com in the next day or two.
    Thanks for the explanation, makes sense. I'll most likely be there.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Just a friendly reminder bump as it is only 6 weeks till the Fondo and it is 1/2 full all ready. Still time to beat the legs into shape and have a great ride!

mtbr member
    I'm getting excited about this! Should I be expecting a packet with directions for where to park, where the start is and a course route in the mail, or is that all online these days?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Most everything is online, parking/start/finish is at Ephrata High School, north to the soccer fields, post race feed I am not sure on, Last year it was at the Ephrata Rec Center (ERC) right on main street. Everything is pretty easy to find. And the ride is FULL!!!!

mtbr member
    Awesome-sauce! Thanks for the heads-up!