mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Going to Seattle and want to ride (rider from Costa Rica)

I planned a trip to Seattle the 3rd week in May.
    My wife has to work and I want to come along and bring my bike.(unless they are good rentals at good prices).Because bringing the bike will cost $300
    I will be staying in one of the hotels downtown.
    Most likely will have a car.
    No idea where the trails are though.
    Will want to go ride every day Im there (1 week).

Any of you wanna take me riding?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Will be riding lots of desert and "east slope" routes on the other side of the Cascades by then. How far do you want to drive? What kind of riding do you want to do? Not as much "buff" single track over on the east side of the mtns, but some. And lots of wide open space, raw trails, jeep trails, old rancher roads and great scenery. PM me if you want when your dates get closer and I'll let you know whats going on over here. Your welcome to join us!

I'm sure some west siders will chime in with some closer in opp's.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Ward : Thanks for your reply.
    Want to ride some single track.
    Maybe 1 or 1.5 hr drive from downtown?

Should I bring my bike or are there any good rentals in the area?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ward View Post
    Will be riding lots of desert and "east slope" routes on the other side of the Cascades by then. How far do you want to drive? What kind of riding do you want to do? Not as much "buff" single track over on the east side of the mtns, but some. And lots of wide open space, raw trails, jeep trails, old rancher roads and great scenery. PM me if you want when your dates get closer and I'll let you know whats going on over here. Your welcome to join us!

I'm sure some west siders will chime in with some closer in opp's.
    I'd be interested in this, where do you guys depart from?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Take's a couple hrs. to get across the pass and into the Yakima area where I'm at. Little less to Cle Elum/Roslyn/Elensburg area. Some great folks in that area that might take you out. There's also the Ancient Lakes area near Wenatchee and Quincy. Very popular desert area in the spring. not sure what the driving ETA is from Seattle on that one. Lots of west siders come over and ride it as a day trip though. Glad to meet you there if the timing's right.

As far as rentals go, I'd check out seattle area bike shops via the web. Should be something decent available. Not much as far as rentals on the east side of the mtns.

Have a great trip to the Pacific North West!

mtbr member
    We do a night ride every Wednesday and I could show you the Tapeworm area. It is several technical singletrack trails in Renton, which is about 20 minutes south of downtown.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Evergreen MTB Calendar

Funny. I'll be leading some rides that week. Give me a ring if they sound good as they are inside your drive time window.

mtbr member
    The calendar view might be a bit more helpful.

Evergreen MTB Calendar

I'd second heading out to the Teanaway if you're going to be around over the weekend. Saturday if you could only do one day, or the whole thing if you've got the time. Throw in Rat Pac if it's snow free by then, and that would be a great trip right there.

As far as bikes go, a friend of mine rented (or demo'd, not sure) a really nice Santa Cruz for a day when he was out here last summer from Kirkland Bicycle. Probably worth checking out.

Kirkland Bicycle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motoadve View Post
    I planned a trip to Seattle the 3rd week in May.
    My wife has to work and I want to come along and bring my bike.(unless they are good rentals at good prices).Because bringing the bike will cost $300
    I will be staying in one of the hotels downtown.
    Most likely will have a car.
    No idea where the trails are though.
    Will want to go ride every day Im there (1 week).

Any of you wanna take me riding?
    I'll show you some fun stuff. I'd recommend bringing your bike though if want the best experience. Unless you're in Whistler rental bikes are generally a joke. I'll PM you .....

Slothful dirt hippie
    Quote Originally Posted by Agate View Post
    ...I'd second heading out to the Teanaway if you're going to be around over the weekend. Saturday if you could only do one day, or the whole thing if you've got the time. Throw in Rat Pac if it's snow free by then, and that would be a great trip right there...
    Teanaway fo sho. If you're here in central WA for a couple days I might be able to swing showing you around some other local stuff. If you're bad I'll torture you with the terrible Spanish I learned from high school kids in Uruguay, lol.
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Ok bought my tickets so trip is confirmed.
    Im bringing my bike.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Cool! Weather looks great for good trail conditions.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    FWIW, I was planning to offer up a ride to Skookum Flats/White River during the week. I'd be happy to offer you a ride/guide.

It's west side technical goodness.

What dates will you be here? I'll post it to the calendar for one weekday while you're here. Let me know if you have a preference.

JRA
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EnduroDoug View Post
    FWIW, I was planning to offer up a ride to Skookum Flats/White River during the week. I'd be happy to offer you a ride/guide.

It's west side technical goodness.

What dates will you be here? I'll post it to the calendar for one weekday while you're here. Let me know if you have a preference.
    Warms my heart to see visitors to our region get help to find the local singletrack.