Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Goat Mt./Vanson Peak trail or Elk to Norway Pass Boundary #1 trail at Mt. St. Helens

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Monte 
#1 ·
Doing a little ride/campout solo this weekend near Mt. St. Helens off of Rd 25 and planning on riding Badger Ridge Boundary Trail #1 on Sun. (heading east from Elks Pass) with some guys meeting me up there for Sun. ride only and I am currently up in the air for a ride on Sat. heading out solo. Will be based out of Elk's Pass, so can easily ride Boundary trail #1 west towards Bear Meadow and Norway Pass and back or drive to Ryan Lake off of Rd. 26 north of Mt. St. Helens and ride Goat Mt. trail to Vanson Peak and back.

Which is the better ride if anyone has ridden these? I have already riden Ape Canyon/Plains this year and have been wanting to ride some of these other trails for a few year now.

Thanks, j.

#2 ·
jgusta said:
Doing a little ride/campout solo this weekend near Mt. St. Helens off of Rd 25 and planning on riding Badger Ridge Boundary Trail #1 on Sun. (heading east from Elks Pass) with some guys meeting me up there for Sun. ride only and I am currently up in the air for a ride on Sat. heading out solo. Will be based out of Elk's Pass, so can easily ride Boundary trail #1 west towards Bear Meadow and Norway Pass and back or drive to Ryan Lake off of Rd. 26 north of Mt. St. Helens and ride Goat Mt. trail to Vanson Peak and back.

Which is the better ride if anyone has ridden these? I have already riden Ape Canyon/Plains this year and have been wanting to ride some of these other trails for a few year now.

Thanks, j.
What did you end up doing? How was it? I didn't see your post until you were probably already gone so I didn't reply. I've done most of the trail between Goat Mt. and Vanson Peak, which would have been pretty good. Not excellent, no views once you drop over the ridge on Goat Mt., unless there are some once on Vanson.

Monte

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.