mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Give a little - Get a lot (you could win a DB Sortie 29" frame & other goodies!)

Give a Little - Get a Lot During Evergreen's 1st Ever Dig-A-Thon Aug 15th-Sept 29th

Wanna win a new DB Sortie 29" frame (or other cool gear) AND give a little love to the trails at the same time?

From August 15th to September 29th, we're holding our first ever Evergreen Dig-A-Thon.

The rules are simple... Every time you come to an Evergreen trail work party during the Dig-A-Thon, we enter you in a raffle to win sweet gear.

You can win:
    Diamondback Sortie 29r frame
    Stevens Pass Lift Tickets
    Kitsbow mountain bike shorts
    Bell and Giro helmets
    ...And tons more

Plus, if you come out to 3 or more work parties, you get a spiffy Evergreen Tech-T as our thanks!

Here's how it works...

You get one raffle entry every time you help out at an Evergreen trail work party statewide.

Extra entries are given if: you've never volunteered on a work party before; you bring friends who've never done trail work - or a kid age 15 or younger; or you volunteer on a backcountry trail work party!

All ages, experience and fitness levels welcome!!

In other words you can score extra raffle entries AND points with the family for bringing your kids out (no extra entries for bringing your dog - though they are welcome too).

Raffle entries will be drawn on September 29th. You do not need to be present to win.

Why are we having a Dig-A-Thon?

In 2012, Evergreen donated 10,000+ volunteer hours to build and maintain a little more than 100 miles of trails statewide. If we all help on just ONE day a year we can easily donate 50,000 hours to trail building and maintenance in WA annually!!

If you haven't done your one for trails yet, now is the time.

So give back to get something back...

Go here for all the Dig-A-Thon details

Then check the Evergreen calendar and sign up for a work party today (we'll be adding more weekly).

See you on the trails!

Give a little - Get a lot (you could win a DB Sortie 29" frame & other goodies!)-dig-thon-logo.png Give a little - Get a lot (you could win a DB Sortie 29" frame & other goodies!)-dig-thon-win-me-bike-webgraphics-2.jpg
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    The Dig-A-Thon is officially in full swing! If you haven't been out to a trail work party yet, now is the time.

Why? Because we're entering you in a raffle to win great prizes including a DB Sortie 29" frame, Kitsbow bike shorts, Bell & Giro helmets and more!

And if your excuse (er, I mean reason) for not coming out includes: I have kids and need to do family time; I've never done it before; or I don't know anyone else - the Dig-A-Thon is perfect for you...

You earn 2 extra raffle entries for showing up for the 1st time, bringing your kids, or bringing a friend!

Dig-A-Thon runs now through Sept 29th and you can show up to any Evergreen work party state wide to get entered to win.

Go here for all the deets: Dig-A-Thon 2013

See you out there!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Anybody want sweet singletrack and a new bike frame?

Okay, radio silence from the peanut gallery on this one.

I guess no one out there is interested in having loads of sweet singletrack in great shape to ride. Or in winning a new DB Sortie 29" frame.

All ya gotta do is help out on any Evergreen trail work party statewide between now & Sept 29th to accomplish both. What are you waiting for? Visit the calendar for a work party near you Evergreen MTB Calendar.

Comments? Kudos? Snide remarks? C'mon folks... :-)

mtbr member
    With the wet, warm weather its the perfect time to throw some dirt!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

I5Troll
    Hey folks,

Lots of time left to earn Dig-a-Thon points. Check out the calendar: Evergreen MTB Calendar. Here are the work parties posted for the next 2 weeks...

• Swan Creek this week: today, Fri, Sunday.
    • Swan Creek next week: Tues, Wed and Sat.
    • South Fork / Harris Lake: Sat and more will be posted next week.
    • 410 Fest: weekend of 9/13-9/15
    • Sekani/Spokane: Saturday

Duthie work parties will be posted soon.

We're totally Swamped at Tiger (no pun intended) running the excavator through what may be the worst environment on the planet for building new trail... post-clearcut, un-thinned, on a ridge with thousands of old blowdowns and huge old stumps... with no way around it. Stay tuned for when we start work parties back up.

Thanks,
    Mike

I5Troll
    And just saw a message from Courtland that he'll be holding a work party at 360 Park on Sunday.
    Name:  360Park_jump.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  100.9 KB
    360Park_2013-06-19.jpg

mtbr member
    Cut up blowdowns into planks and build a boardwalk across the top of all the stumps!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Do the areas that are more than 3 blocks away from a corner store at Swan Creek count as backcountry? I pity the fool who does not help out with the first legit stunt trails in T-Town. Come help with a great project and a great group of people at Swan Creek, and that new frame is practically yours.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Wow, this big dose of moisture has primed the trails for dirt work and tune ups. Want to cherry out your favorite line at Duthie? Shoot me a line and we'll make it happen! Backcountry more your style? 410 Fest, Sept 13-15 is a great chance to ride and repair the awesome trails near Crystal Mountain. check it out and join us for this backcountry Dig-A-Thon event:
    Evergreen MTB Calendar

Graham@evergreenmtb.org for suggestions, questions, comments.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Dash Point State Park=Underrated, and the NORBA trail is worthy. I am trying to take the day off to help. The only other MTB trail in Tacoma proper that I know of. Come give it up for a state park with MTB trail, and Evergreen. Sep 23rd, check the Evergreen calendar.
    Last edited by SSmith; 09-13-2013 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Information