mtbr member
    Jun 2008

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thanks Tom!!

In case you're wondering what the deal is with this...If you donate to Evergreen via The Seattle Foundation's Give Big Website anytime tomorrow, May 6th, your donation gets increased thanks to their matching fund. Super cool! Just remember you have to donate through their site... The Seattle Foundation | Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    What's up with "The organization does not have budget actuals for the previous year." under the financial tab of the link above?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ACree View Post
    What's up with "The organization does not have budget actuals for the previous year." under the financial tab of the link above?
    Actually, with our limited and generally overworked staff, we've just never carved out the time to update that info on their site. But we really should, so thanks for bringing that to my attention.

In the meantime, attached here you'll find our end of the year report that includes a breakdown of our income and expenses.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to get in touch. You can email me at stacy (at) evergreenmtb.org.Give Big! Tuesday, May 6.-evergreen-fundraising-annual-report-2013-p2-3.jpg
    Give Big! Tuesday, May 6.-evergreen-fundraising-annual-report-2013-p1-4.jpg

mtbr member
    Hey Stacy,

Thanks for posting the annual report for people who may not have receive it in mail. I for one really appreciated Evergreen's effort to bring more transparency to its constituency. For those who contribute to the org financially or via sweat equity, it's a critical piece of information to give assurance that our resources are indeed being put into good use.

Keep it up!

mtbr member

Re: Give Big! Tuesday, May 6.

My company also matches my donation.

I was concerned since I'm giving from the Seattle Foundation site when I file my donation with my company's foundation site that might not work.

Upon review this morning its not an issue:
    1. Go to Seattle foundation site.
    2. Look up evergreen mountain bike alliance and click donate via credit card
    3. The Your Donation page clearly identifies EMBA and you fill in the required boxes. Company is an optional and I left that blank.
    4. Under terms and conditions is a 2.85% "Click and Pledge" processing fee (they have bills too).
    5. After I completed my transaction I received a confirmation email that was also sent to EMBA. (Whew!)

So you can use plastic now, pay a small transaction fee, and EMBA gets your amount, the Seattle foundation matches that, and when you file with your company (that you donated to EMBA) your company matches your amount as well.

That makes it 3x the donation so yeah this is a great reason to do this today if your company also matches!
    Last edited by paleo; 05-06-2014 at 10:39 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
    Hey Stacy,

Thanks for posting the annual report for people who may not have receive it in mail. I for one really appreciated Evergreen's effort to bring more transparency to its constituency. For those who contribute to the org financially or via sweat equity, it's a critical piece of information to give assurance that our resources are indeed being put into good use.

Keep it up!
    Sure thing Bruiser! Glad to know getting that info out there is appreciated.

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    Not just appreciated, it should be viewed as a do not pass go prerequisite to asking for funding. I have crossed several orgs off my list for Give Big that don't have financial data on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by EvergreenStacy View Post
    Sure thing Bruiser! Glad to know getting that info out there is appreciated.

mtbr member
    Course you could go straight to the org for that data...

I just gave to EMBA via giveBIG as well, and now I have warm fuzzies.
    "My riding style - like I'm being chased by a clown." - rscecil007

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    That's certainly true for those that were actively seeking out Evergreen like most of us on here. Give Big has a lot of participants though, and part of the goal should be to rope in new donors as well. For them, clicking through from one group to the next, not having financial data on the Give Big site can cause one to move on the next org. I've done this with other causes. I also look at the financial data for similar organizations and donate to the more efficient one.

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Course you could go straight to the org for that data...

I just gave to EMBA via giveBIG as well, and now I have warm fuzzies.

Slothful dirt hippie
    Min donation is $25, so even us dirtbaggy folks can participate!
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Thanks for Your Support During Give Big

Hey Y'all,
    As you know, this past Tuesday, May 6th, we asked you to Give Big for The Seattle Foundation's Give Big fundraising day. And boy did you ever…In one day you helped us raise almost $20,000!

That’s 200% more than we raised on GiveBig day last year. Thanks to everyone who donated to support the cause: YOU ROCK!!

Happy riding!
    Stacy

P.S. All your comments about financials have been duly noted and we're working on being better about getting that info posted.