mtbr member

Gibbs Lake (Chimacum) Sunday...

About 40 seconds of (fast edited) video of Gibbs Lake ride (Chimacum) today with the Quimper Trails Group. http://quimpertrails.org/

Nice save on tree ride by Craig at the 22 second mark. The get-off to the right is a bit rough.
    Jim is so smooth he makes every move look easy...

Select"HQ" from the right up arrow...
    <object width="640" height="385">
    </param>
    </param>
    </param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f81Siq3JS4A&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color 2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    Last edited by MarkHL; 02-03-2009 at 05:52 PM. Reason: No longer suggesting going to YouTube... buffer problems

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I went to youtube.com and did a search for Gibbs Lake,then watched it with no problems.
    Hey Mark, thanks for making me look so smooth.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    ... I thought we were all supposed to have stupid grins when you took the picture...

mtbr member

fork travel...

Jim, you're definitely not getting cheated on your fork travel... At times it looks like you're using almost the entire (6 ?) inches - Green Heckler...

Look at the fork action under acceleration at 13 seconds (you're on your middle chain ring).
    Last edited by MarkHL; 02-04-2009 at 12:48 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Yes it is using the full 6". I just got it back from Push, and they installed a larger air chamber to make it more plush. It is very nice. It is nice and plush in the small stuff,but it still handles the big hits well.
    We will be at Gibbs again on Sunday, hope to see you there.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    How is the trail between Gibbs and Anderson going? Should be a worthy destination when done.
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    We are writing a proposal that should allow us to finish the trail. We hope to start the final 5 miles this spring. That will be up to DNR and ORM.
    The map shows Gibbs on the left (south) and Anderson on the right (north) and the proposed trail in the middle. We have built 2 miles of trail from Anderson to the viewpoint. In my opinion it is the most fun 2 miles of trail in our area.
    http://quimpertrails.org
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Can somebody please pm me contact information for the movers and shakers of Quimper?
    This is in regards to an invitation for upcoming Kettle Crest rides.

And while on this topic if it's possible to include contact info for Olympic Dirt Society as well.
    .~...|\
    ...~.|.\
    ..~..|..\
    .~...|...\
    ~....|....\
    ...~.|.....\
    ....~|____\
    _____||_________
    .\....FAILBOAT..../

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    No Nancies and I went to Gibbs yesterday for an impromptu ride, and just by chance, met up with the local group for a very nice ride through out the area. We thank you for that. No Nan and I then went over to ride Anderson Lake and the connector trail towards Gibbs. We noticed orange tagging on many of the trees along this trail, and wondered if there is some logging planned there. If so, how do you think that will impact your current and future work on connecting Anderson/Gibbs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    They are doing a cedar pole sale. That means that only cedar trees are comming down. They are also building at least one road and a landing that will go right over the trail. They might start as soon as this spring. Then we will go back and rebuild when they are done.

Members who have read this thread: 0