Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    WOW. Big

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Awesome work. It's amazing how much soil you can move with a machine. That was all done in one day? Nice finishing work with the fern plantings.

Looks like it could be ridden by anyone...including me.

Here's a link to a new trail we built by hand but took all summer to get it (almost) finished, we had to armor the lips with broken concrete for durability. This trail is out of my league but the DJers love it:

http://www.vimeo.com/7494135
    Michael Vitti
    CLIMB President
    www.CLIMBonline.org
    www.IMBA.com
    NY State Trails Council Member

Just roll it......
    What's up Mike! This is 8 days of progress (well, 9 as of today). We've had big crews out every day, so that's why it's been going so fast.

Those jumps look fun!

EB

Quote Originally Posted by sick4surf
    Awesome work. It's amazing how much soil you can move with a machine. That was all done in one day? Nice finishing work with the fern plantings.

Looks like it could be ridden by anyone...including me.

Here's a link to a new trail we built by hand but took all summer to get it (almost) finished, we had to armor the lips with broken concrete for durability. This trail is out of my league but the DJers love it:

http://www.vimeo.com/7494135

"Its All Good"
    Looks sick, great work, a lad had better make a trip from New Zealand to ride this area, call in on the way to Whizzer..... Sweet, sweet and even sweeter....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Hey EB!

Thanx again for your hospitality during my past visit up there.

Nine days...OK, now I don't feel so inadequate.

Still is impressive though.
    Michael Vitti
    CLIMB President
    www.CLIMBonline.org
    www.IMBA.com
    NY State Trails Council Member

Just roll it......
    Fenton,

Thanks brotha. Yo, come on up and stay here as long as you want....we'd love to see ya.

EB

Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Looks sick, great work, a lad had better make a trip from New Zealand to ride this area, call in on the way to Whizzer..... Sweet, sweet and even sweeter....

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Fenton,

Thanks brotha. Yo, come on up and stay here as long as you want....we'd love to see ya.

EB
    Thanks bro, will take you up on that some day I hope... Hope all is well with you both....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

MC MasterShake
    Amazing! What's the deal with Galby? Is it public or private owned land? A couple places in New England are starting to build trails like this but not nearly enough and they are too far away from me. I'm assuming that this trail won't be ride-able for my visit in April...
    Come stay and play at da Kingdom Trails! - http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3486813

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak
    Amazing! What's the deal with Galby? Is it public or private owned land?

I'm assuming that this trail won't be ride-able for my visit in April...
    It is privately owned forestry zoned land. They have been pretty mtb friendly over the years and have been more receptive to bigger (well built) features recently. It doesn't hurt that the owner is a local rider that can shred .

I'm betting you'll be able to ride it in April.
    Extreme stationary biker.

Just roll it......
    Hey all,

A quick update. We've had a solid crew out working each day usually with 5-7 guys helping shape and move dirt. The machine is moving down the hill and we're near the bottom. Once it's off the hill, we'll still have 2-3 weeks of tweaking and hand shaping to accommodate the risk management plan for this trail. Weather dependent, of course.

Stoked!
    EB

Some updated pics of recent work:

Sweeping left berm heads into an old skidder section mid-way - Before:

After:

Old Skidder road - Before:

Old Skidder after – 2 tables and 3 sets of pumpers:

Big table further on skidder:

Next section has a stepdown to a big hippable table.

Tranny for table/hip move:

Andrew rough shaping a berm that exits you onto the old trail.

After it got final shaped by Odin and crew.

Old flat section of trail towards bottom before:

Old flat section of trail getting shaped by Chad, Lorin, Vaughn, Odin, Colin and Mike. Yes, that’s a big mama jama culvert.

Satellite feature on old section of trail near bottom (step up and stepdown):

Leads to this bermy section. Might get a small feature out of this later.

Justin Vander Pol
    Sweet! Nice to see that the culvert is of sufficient size (and not perched)! I've been saying it for years, small drain pipes are a waste of time and do more harm than good. My world is in balance now, someone gets it! Thanks for making me happy today.

For the record, I still hate culverts, but sometimes they are the best option.
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

Build More = Ride More
    Can't wait to hit this!

Machine Trail Builder
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    Sweet! Nice to see that the culvert is of sufficient size (and not perched)! I've been saying it for years, small drain pipes are a waste of time and do more harm than good. My world is in balance now, someone gets it! Thanks for making me happy today.

For the record, I still hate culverts, but sometimes they are the best option.
    My sentiments exactly, I was saying that the whole way down the hill. I hate culverts....a couple years of cleaning them out with hand tools will do that to you, but with good flowy mt bike trail they make some design ideas much more plausible. Luckily the culverts were donated..... that's some expensive pipe to just bury in the ground.... Thanks again to Ram construction.

mtbr member
    The berm in the second picture looks like something from the 2010 winter Olympics .

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    First time checking this thread. WOW!!!!

(can't believe I still haven't ridden Galbraith yet).

mtbr member
    May 2004

Okay, I'm on a mission...

...to get Doug up to Galby. (Don't worry, we'll do the classic oldskool XC there stuff too...)

Pure sickness guys. Can't wait. Amazing work.

Just imagine if the DNR let us do that at Tiger.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2