Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Galbraith - Evolution Closed for a few days

856 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ebxtreme 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Sorry for the late notice, but as of today, Evolution will be closed for 3-4 days while we put a re-route in place at the exit. The goal is to weave the trail down the hill after the step up (which is getting overhauled as well), add a few more features and then point riders up the road upon exit vs. coming into the road perpendicular - which is both a safety hazard and is making a real mess of the road.

Please take Scorpion, Wonderland or the Woodle down from the towers. Thanks for your patience and please pass this along to your riding buddies.

Cheers,
EB

#2 ·
ebxtreme said:
Hi all,

Sorry for the late notice, but as of today, Evolution will be closed for 3-4 days while we put a re-route in place at the exit. The goal is to weave the trail down the hill after the step up (which is getting overhauled as well), add a few more features and then point riders up the road upon exit vs. coming into the road perpendicular - which is both a safety hazard and is making a real mess of the road.

Please take Scorpion, Wonderland or the Woodle down from the towers. Thanks for your patience and please pass this along to your riding buddies.

Cheers,
EB
Not a big deal for me as I rarely make it up past the Bunny Trails...thanks for the heads up though :thumbsup: .

#4 ·
nasai said:
EB, did you quit your day job? Wow, man... hard work here! You frickin rule.
Nope, Colin Tobin is leading this effort. I'll be up in the late afternoons to shape. A few of us routed it, but he's running the mini ex and gets creative license on the line as such. It should add a touch more trail, 4 or 5 berms and better quality jumps than used to be on the old moto trail that is the exit. Mostly, we're trying to improve the quality at the exit and eliminate the safety hazard.

EB

#6 ·
sgsrider said:
eric, thanks for posting. was hoping to hit up galby and evo this weekend, but I know the work you guys do will make it even more awesome, so thanks!
There was an inch of snow up there today (according to the guys working), so it might not even be worth the trip this weekend. Keep an eye on the weather.

EB

#8 ·
Quick Update:

We've been having some nasty weather up on the hill, but Colin and PB were up there y'day afternoon getting after it. We're having a big trailday this Sunday on the new Luge line, but we might send a few folks up there to help clear the line.

The trail should be open sometime next week, so thanks for the patience. The new exit will be worth it based on what we've got planned.

Cheers,
EB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.