mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Galbraith conditions

Anyone ridden Galbraith recently? Just wondering whether to drive down from Vancouver for a change in scenery...

I see a lot of work has been done recently (thank you builders!) - I think I last rode there about May last year. Whats new and interesting to ride???

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Was there last week and the trails were in great shape. We rode a new trail just down from U-line that takes you down to the kiosk on the Galbraith Lane side. Think it was called Thick or Brick? Bottom of Mullet has been redone since the logging. I'm sure others can chime in.

Just roll it......
    Those aren't new, they're just rebuilt post harvest. Stick, straw and brick.....aka, the Three Pigs. That's our southside climbing route.

Overall conditions are good considering how crazy wet it's been. I'd skip any woodwork where you need to turn or brake...its all crazy slimy. For instance, the bridge at the end of mullet.....go SLOW.

Saturday, we're having a trailday on several trails, so skip PT, The Sh!t, Eagle Scout and A-Dog (and likely after a few days to allow the dirt work to setup).

Thanks,
    EB

Quote Originally Posted by rbwen View Post
    Was there last week and the trails were in great shape. We rode a new trail just down from U-line that takes you down to the kiosk on the Galbraith Lane side. Think it was called Thick or Brick? Bottom of Mullet has been redone since the logging. I'm sure others can chime in.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Re: Galbraith conditions

Thanks EB...
    Has Bellingham been hit with the high winds we've had in Vancouver? And do your trees stand up to the wind better than ours??
    There's a lot of deadfall blocking trails up here so wondering whether to bother heading down across the border to you on Saturday...

Sent from my XT885 using Tapatalk 2

Just roll it......
    Well, this week has been crazy here too. Wind, sun, rain, wind, sun, hail, sun and, hey, it's raining again!

Ok, back on topic. Most of the trails are clear....blowdown doesn't last long here. Most riders take care of the smaller trees and we drive up to clean up the bigger ones with the chainsaws.

The worst trail on the hill right now has got to be Rock n Roll. One wheel sucking mudhole after another. We've got to figure something out with that.

Also, parts of Cabin, 187 and Cougar are closed due to timber harvest. They're also harvesting in the SW corner of the property over near Kaya/Bunny trails, but those "shouldn't" be affected.

EB

Quote Originally Posted by SixZeroSixOne View Post
    Thanks EB...
    Has Bellingham been hit with the high winds we've had in Vancouver? And do your trees stand up to the wind better than ours??

Rider

Galbraith conditions

Conditions are great currently. Just rode SST, bobs, evo, uline, and adog. The dirt is firm and fast on the trails. Some of the logging roads are a little soft but overall pretty good.

Anyone know the next SST build day? I would love to help fix up some brake bumps