Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Freund Connector Trail - Grand Opening -

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  FoldsInHalf 
#1 · (Edited)
#7 ·
Thanks for the info and updates. I'm planning to take my wife & kids up to ride the ski hilll trails not to ride Freund. Will definitely stop in to dasRADhaus for recommendation on a loop up there suitable for the youngsters to ride their bmx bikes on.

#9 ·
When I rode it last Sat evening, I started to go down Freund at the connector and it was really chewed up after 50 yards and I had to slow way down.

I didn't go all the way and turned around as it was getting dark sooner than I anticipated.

I did run into at least 5 others who all had smiles on their faces and clearly enjoyed it.

#12 ·
Freund Canyon Status Report

Visiting Leavenworth today, I rode the new Connector this afternoon. Very nice for what it is. Pleasantly flowy and should age into narrower singletrack on a wide bench nicely over time. Good job!

On the other hand, for a while anyway, it's unfortunately something of a connector to nowhere, because Freund itself is all but gone... :(

I personally verified that the trail/road now looks like the following all the way from where the Connector hits to just short of the turn off to Rosy Boa 1.5 miles up. And I chatted with a couple of others who'd come up the 0.5 mile or whatever from the bottom and it's apparently the same soft, chewed-up nightmare all the way down too:

(Yes, I stupidly slogged up all that, but hey, I really wanted to learn the answer of how far did it go, and I wanted to salvage "something" from the ride... and Rosy Boa qualified as "something" I gotta say... the gnarly top part especially but the new lower part was interesting too. ;))

#13 ·
Ugh. I thought that the reopening of the road bed for the thinning was limited to the lower part, below the switchback above the creek crossing. I guess it is still an OK ride to enter from the new Ski Hill Connector and do the loop with Rosey Boa instead of using the Freund DH, and only using this icky road stuff at the bottom.

Was there any indication that they are done with the road work for now or was the equipment still hanging around like there was more work to be done? I.e. is the "trail" still closed during the work week hours due to the road work?

#14 ·
Yep, I expected it to be only the lower part too from what I'd read, but unfortunately it was pretty much the whole thing. I saw no machinery yesterday (riding around 3pm) either active or parked so I'm guessing that means they may be finished, but who knows...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.