mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Forum censorship

Two threads censored in one week originating out of Kitsap County (this may be the third).
    The first on the Banner Races, the second on the closure of the Gun Club.

So what's the point if your freedom of expression is being taken away.

Yeah, there's a lot of attitude in these posts; but I'd like to think we're trying to work out our differences (or at least express why we have them).

This will be my final post to the Washington Thread;

>MarkHL
    Last edited by MarkHL; 02-18-2012 at 12:26 PM.

mtbr member
    WOW, what is up with that? who is the moderator on here and why would that gun club thread be deleted?

Good point Mark, that's lame.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkHL View Post
    Two threads censored in one week originating out of Kitsap County (this may be the third).
    The first on the Banner Races, the second on the closure of the Gun Club.

So what's the point if your freedom of expression is being taken away.

Yeah, there's a lot of attitude in these posts; but I'd like to think we're trying to work out our differences (or at least express why we have them).

This will be my final post to the Washington Thread;

>MarkHL
    I am not trying to start anything and have absolutely no knowledge about all the veiled and coded comments that were being exchanged. Nor do I have any issues with you but......was it not you that was threatening prosecution for things that someone was saying towards you on here? Im confused.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Banner races!?!

i missed that . if you remember, we've been dealing for the last 2 yrs. w/ the horrendous situation we're in now sparked by "Banner races". Please let's not revisit that again
    breezy shade

Last word is all yours...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimba View Post
    WOW, what is up with that?
    Agree. I don't even know - or care, frankly - what the original threads are. But censoring posts is bogus, if indeed that is what happened.
    --
    -bp

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    * *** ******** *** ******* **** ******** **** ***! *** ********* *** * *** ********.

Who knows, but...

Probably best for all to move on.
    .~...|\
    ...~.|.\
    ..~..|..\
    .~...|...\
    ~....|....\
    ...~.|.....\
    ....~|____\
    _____||_________
    .\....FAILBOAT..../

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Probably a good thing. I read one of the censored posts. Very interesting, glad I wasn't involved in that thread, and for the record, I won't touch that subject with a ten foot pole.

Looks like the Feb 27 board meeting disappeared from the calendar (more censorship ), but I would suggest take that discussion offline and directly to the Evergreen board. It might not be their issue or concern, but higher chance of a meaningful dialog with them rather than a public forum. That being said, I wouldn't blame them if they too wanted to distance themselves from the ugly subject.

Did I say that? Who am I ?

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Not sure why you would take any of these topics to the Evergreen Board. Evergreen has nothing to do with the Gun Club, Banner races or censorship in this forum.

Shiggy is the moderator in these parts, BTW.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Fine

Quote Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    Not sure why you would take any of these topics to the Evergreen Board. Evergreen has nothing to do with the Gun Club, Banner races or censorship in this forum.

Shiggy is the moderator in these parts, BTW.
    Probably a good thing, I like Evergreen and is good they are not associated with the topic of the gun club, too ugly of an issue to have one's name in that mess.. All I'm saying is, you should take these kinds of discussions offline with whoever it is that represents mt biking in that neck of the woods.

Banner races, sorry, no reference to that, if that post is censored, I never saw it. But your point is well taken, I'm assuming by your statement that Evergreen has no representation at Banner, which surprises me because I thought they assimilated STM which covered that area.

Censorship, I'm in support. Stupid discussions that tarnish mt biking are useless.

At any rate, sorry if I ruffled your feathers by suggesting we take it to Evergreen, I'm not sure who represents over there. Like me, they likely want nothing to do with those issues.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotrodpig View Post
    I am not trying to start anything and have absolutely no knowledge about all the veiled and coded comments that were being exchanged. Nor do I have any issues with you but......was it not you that was threatening prosecution for things that someone was saying towards you on here? Im confused.
    That's correct. The individual who had a conflict (online and in the real world) asked to have it taken down due to the sustained group negativity, and the apparent threat of prosecution for online harassment. It did nothing good for the MTB community, at either end/position of the disagreement.

Word on the the street is that HL later stated that the "threat" was a "joke". At any rate, when threads seem to do nothing but perpetuate negative issues, folks will ask to have them taken down for the good of the forum. Probably a good thing in the long run.

Not a lot was missed in the thread. For info on KRRC (aka "the gun club"), please search tje Kitsap Sun website for facts.

Cheers!
    [SIZE="2"]http://kitsapmtb.com/[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Last word on this for clarification. KRRC never meant anything to mtbrs. All the trails that were questioned are there and continue to be on public lands. GO ride em.
    Posing anything about Kitsap county land races on mtbr or emba is a probelm due to it is the source of info for most haters. The county commissioner whos' district includes Banner does not like bikes at all. Past organizers took it hard for an attempt.
    Kitsap is way full of lands and there is a push for more regarding future dot connecting. CLone M will attend the meeting on this soon and wil report on the KMB site.

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    Glad to see forum censorship is alive and well.

Just roll it......
    I asked to have that thread removed, Anthony. The local trailbuilders are, in good faith, working with the land managers in an attempt to come up with an appropriate solution for both sides. If that discourse turns in an unfavorable direction, I can assure you that public interaction and input will be taking place.

Cheers,
    EB