Thread: Falls Creek?

I just wanna ride my bike

Falls Creek?

Has anyone been to the Falls Creek trail lately? I suspect there is still snow but with all this warm weather, hoping it's melting quickly...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Sorry, don't know about that question but I did want to ask if you were still heading down this week or next to LaGrande or the Blues.... Still planning for 5 weeks from now.

Hi Borneo. We decided to go to Hood River instead (May 17 - 20). However, we are interested in riding the LaGrande/Blue trails at some point; likely a fall trip so we can ride the higher trails, e.g. Elkhorn/Marble Pass. Would love to see a RR with pics from you

mtbr member
    May 2004
    okay.... Not getting much intel from the locals. May have to post something on the OR forum...

Ya, it's one of those areas where there isn't much information on the web. More often than not that makes for a great adventure when there is the 'unknown'

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Probably won't be to much longer. I'll talk to some of the horse riders who pretty much clear the Birch mt trail every year. the upper ridge is up to the locals or who Evers ambitious enough to pack in a chainsaw. Maybe a joint venture with the backcountry horse peoples. I love that trail .

mtbr member
    Fwiw, when I look at the foothills up towards Mt. Adams, I still see quite a bit of snow. Whats the highest elevation on Falls Creek? Lastly, Falls Creek is awesome.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Considering the Blues, anyone heard of the umitila rim trail? Local talk over there on it has epic tag.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Planning a trip there in a few weeks. Intel is really hard to get on that area though.... Looks pretty epic and "old school" though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Local intel from WaWa LBS says snow up there still. 4k + elevations on this trail claimed. My ride will be with this guy when conditions are good.
    Visit Echo, OR system when you go down, that is all fun.
    Will advise on stuff. cheers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Planning a trip there in a few weeks. Intel is really hard to get on that area though.... Looks pretty epic and "old school" though.
    I thought real mtn bikers just went out and got lost, that's what mtn biking is all about?
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    I heard from a friend who rode it last week as an O&B that they made it past the caves and almost to the campground before they reached snow. My bet is that section might be ride/hike-able right now but the forest or (climb) section is probably still fairly thick with snow...... just my 2 cents

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by no nancies View Post
    Considering the Blues, anyone heard of the umitila rim trail? Local talk over there on it has epic tag.
    I've ridden the Umatilla Rim Trail several times. It's buff and plenty of fun, but I would hardly consider it to be epic. If I remember correct, it's 10 miles one way.

I've never done it, but I believe the Umatilla Rim trail can be linked with other trails, maybe this gets the epic tag you speak of.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.